Live review with pics, Equinox, Oct 27, TA Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale.

cl.klink

Guest USC Traveler

joel......and anyone else that may not know about the new celebrity promotion.

it was posted on the celebrity cruise critic page by kk99 on 11/5/14.

it improves upon the 123go promotion. bascally, if you book between now and jan. 4, 2015 for sailings of three days or longe, into early 2017, r and you book in concierge class or higher, celebrity will give you all three....free gratuities, free drink package and $300 obc! is that incredible or what? i wrote my ta immediately and asked him to cancel my booking and rebook me in the same cabin but with the new promotion. he wrote me back in an hour and told me it was all done. as a matter of fact, the fare went down on my cruise by $200 but i'm still paying a deeply discounted fare so my fare didn't change and i'm ok with that.

just wanted to let you know about this in case you hadn't known about it.

continues smooth sailing.

Edited by USC Traveler

There is a couple on deck 6 that have been on the Equinox since Oct 16th!:eek: and just posted on our Roll Call that they booked the 11 day with us, and are staying on board. So if ya'll can get the time away~~~~~~~~:D

ps: you are on the Port side, and Starboard will face the Pier 66 as She comes in.

Oh, would that I could!

I'll go top to Starboard and wave at you on entry. My circadian rhythms are still an hour or two out at sea anyway, so I'll be awake that early!

- Joel

The steaks, special omelet and crab eggs Benedict etc are not free, when you go further into the order process the charges appear. In the blue binder on the counter you should also see room service menus and the charges are listed there.

Well ... Poop.

I'll just have to suffer through Blu again tonight!

- Joel

This is simply the name of the venue, because it is outside the spa, and not like Blu nor Michaels. We had lunch and a quick snack there when on the Reflection last year.

EW

We ate several breakfasts and lunches there and the smoothies and juices were included in the classic package. The only extra charge, not included on the package were the yogurts. Never had a problem getting a table, either

Cathy

joel......and anyone else that may not know about the new celebrity promotion.

it was posted on the celebrity cruise critic page by kk99 on 11/5/14.

it improves upon the 123go promotion. bascally, if you book between now and jan. 4, 2015 for sailings of three days or longe, into early 2017, r and you book in concierge class or higher, celebrity will give you all three....free gratuities, free drink package and $300 obc! is that incredible or what? i wrote my ta immediately and asked him to cancel my booking and rebook me in the same cabin but with the new promotion. he wrote me back in an hour and told me it was all done. as a matter of fact, the fare went down on my cruise by $200 but i'm still paying a deeply discounted fare so my fare didn't change and i'm ok with that.

just wanted to let you know about this in case you hadn't known about it.

continues smooth sailing.

That's a nice deal! Is it $300 OBC no matter than length of the cruise, or as much as that?

-Joel

Joel at least the Tigers had today off before the BIG game next Sat with the Aggies!

Just talked with the desk at the Pier 66 and they dont know if we will get our west facing room to see the Equinox sail in Monday morning till we ck in on Sunday!

Thanks for all the wonderful post these past few days.

EW

Guest USC Traveler

joel...copied from the celebrity website.....

† New Suite Class services and amenities begin in April 2015.

Concierge Class Staterooms and above: Receive $200 on 3- to 5-night sailings*, Receive $300 on 6-night or longer sailings*

Ocean View & Veranda Staterooms Receive $100* for 3- to 5-night sailings, Receive $200* for 6- to 9-night sailings, Receive $300* for 10-night or more sailings. not sure what "suite class" is but i'll try to find out.

Concierge Class Staterooms and above: Receive $200 on 3- to 5-night sailings*, Receive $300 on 6-night or longer sailings*

Ocean View & Veranda Staterooms Receive $100* for 3- to 5-night sailings, Receive $200* for 6- to 9-night sailings, Receive $300* for 10-night or more sailings. not sure what "suite class" is but i'll try to find out.

Thanks. Now just have to decide where / when to go!

- Joel

Have checked our bookings for next year and the prices quoted now are much more than we are paying. Horses for courses, as they say.

Jan

Still several hundred miles from land, bit spotters a really small sail boat, apparently chasing a pot of gold.

- Joel

94595db13583d076b9b2f46ee5cf90fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if it's one of the boats racing from France to somewhere in Caribbean - sorry but I can't remember where exactly.

Guest USC Traveler

joel...thank you for sharing the pictures of art onboard the ship. it's really beautiful.

i've forgotten to mention this in my previous messages to you. are you familiar with the website **********.com ?

i just found it around 10 days ago and it's really a terrific way to get lots of information about ships almost anywhere in the world. from their home page, click on ships. then click on the cruise line you're interested in. then click on the name of the ship. then click on position. viola! you will see a satellite image of where the ship is located and the course its on. then it gives you arrival and departure times from that location, gives you time to next destination and all sorts of interesting facts. sometimes it also tells you other ships in port at the same time. i love being able to see this information and follow ships that my friends are on right now. you seem like someone who would be interested in this type of information.

Guest USC Traveler

joel...i noticed they blocked the website. let me try again.

sea scanner dot com

c skanner dot com

maybe one or both of those will get through. the first one is the correct name.

Joel...I have enjoyed your live review....we were on Equinox two yrs ago and again this Dec 12....one question...hows the consecutive 5 or so days at sea feel....are you ready to bolt off the ship or are you quite comfortable with that time without seeing land....thanks again for all the pictures....craig

Did I miss it somehow? How to pack in a roll-on.

Yes, I use a carry on as the one and only bag I travel with (but it's explicitly not a roller bag). I discussed at length beginning with post #116. Check it out and tell me what you think!

- Joel

Joel...I have enjoyed your live review....we were on Equinox two yrs ago and again this Dec 12....one question...hows the consecutive 5 or so days at sea feel....are you ready to bolt off the ship or are you quite comfortable with that time without seeing land....thanks again for all the pictures....craig

Thanks, Craig. I have really liked the sea days. So relaxing. I find ports a bit more challenging to enjoy on cruises, to be honest, because you are there so briefly. That said they are fun and I enjoy a chance to see a culture I might not have seen otherwise. I will admit that on this cruise, psychologically it was a little sad to have the ports over before the crossing because it felt like the trip was "over" and now it's time to transport home. Would like to try an eastbound version sometime, therefore.

But, I have loved these days at sea, lots to do, very relaxing. Feeling sad now as I face disembarkation tomorrow and back to reality.

- Joel

joel...i noticed they blocked the website. let me try again.

sea scanner dot com

c skanner dot com

maybe one or both of those will get through. the first one is the correct name.

Very cool! Thanks!

- Joel

Joel,

We have been waiting for ya'll to hit the road so you can fill us in, since we get on after ya'll bring the Equinox across!

We sailed the Reflection last yr, so are familuar with the S-Class layout. Main thing we would like to know about is the wine selection in the GastroBar left from the conversion of Cellar Masters. Dana really had a wonderful time there last yr, and I have been filled in on the craft beer selection.

Have a wonderful cruise, we will be watching for your arrival at Port Everglades around 5:30-6:00 am on Nov 10th from our balcony at the Hyatt Pier 66!

EW & Dana

(ps: my Sister works for Columbia College at the main Campus on Rogers St since 2003)

I know you are traveling today. Getting ready to hand over Equinox to you tomorrow. We will be roped in at the pier by 5 a.m. Take good care of her. She likes be watered all the time. Sing to her. She likes it when you go for walks.

I left a surprise for you in the back page of this book.

1ca2b0ea1d68e67f92c67c0864407e72.jpg

I put it up on the top right shelf, laying flat. The bookshelf is on deck 11, port side, to the right of the elevators as you exit them.

a68bb6e850860b4268d2bdff9b059bfc.jpg

Let me know if you get it!

- Joel

Guest USC Traveler

joel.....are you sure you didn't spot the "ss minow" sailing towards the pot of gold this morning?

glad you're enjoying the sea days. i love them too, in fact, sometimes i wish the ship never stopped but just sailed on and on. i don't get bored at sea. that's what verandas are for: reading, sunbathing, listening to symphonies and operas and sipping tropical drinks. my veranda is my own personal nest.