Snorkelling gear

I can't help you about hiring snorkel gear on the Radiance as I haven't sailed on her before, but the only place to leave your belongings at Janik Bay is on the grass on the hill above the stairs. Plenty of space to leave it there.

Just a heads up about snorkelling at Jinek Bay. The locals charge $15AUDpp to snorkel there. They collect the money on the steps leading down to the water. This is not mentioned at all on board the cruiseship beforehand. As Fletch said, there is a grassy area next to the steps that lead down to the water, where everyone sits and leaves their belongings. Haven't been on the Radiance but on the Rhapsody they sold snorkelling gear and waterproof disposable cameras on the lower deck on port days just before you board the tenders.

We had our own gear so I dont know the prices.

Jinek Bay is great for snorkelling.

Edited by aussielozzie18

Was in my local Coles supermarket yesterday they have kids snorkel sets for $2.50!!!! I am sure they are not great quality but at that price I plan to just leave it behind at my last port. They say kids but I tried it on and fits fine.

Hi - the radiance was selling snorkel gear when we were on her - none available for hire. It was $50 - $60 a set. And we left our stuff on the sand/ grass edge - it was fine, but it would t take anything valuable with me. My camera is an underwater one, so I didn't need to leave it. Enjoy! :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums