Can I get my laundry returned 'undried'?

cpl100

[quote name='warmwinds']So where do you hang your undies to dry on the S class??[/quote]

Simple, we don't wash undies nor any other clothing in our cabin with the only exception being to rinse the salt water out of our bathing suits.

I use the ship's laundry a lot. We are Elite status so we have some coupons for laundry and if we use those up, or they aren't applicable to the items we need washed, then I just pay to have it done. It's not cheap for laundry but it doesn't add up to much considering the overall cost of a cruise.

Our experience with the ship's laundry has been great. We use it a lot. If we have delicate items we're concerned about then we specify dry cleaning as opposed to laundry. Edited by Lsimon

[quote name='dioxide45']This is our biggest fear with laundry on a cruise. Having the ship do the laundry and washing everything in scorching hot water along with drying in a hot dryer. We dry nothing at home except for our towels. So I am sure the cruise line would shrink all of our clothes.
[/quote][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3]We have been using the ship's laundry service on cruise ships for years and have not had a problem with anything shrinking (at least not that was caused by the laundry ;)).

But we do not send out anything for the first time that has never been laundered before.

Below is an article that I am saving just in case it is ever needed.
I have not had occasion to try it yet so cannot vouch for its accuracy.

If anyone should try it, please post back here to let us know if it works.
Don't see why it couldn't be used for other articles of clothing too, not only shirts.[/SIZE][/FONT]

========
[COLOR=Navy]
[/COLOR][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=Navy]If you shrunk your favorite shirt in the wash, don't panic. Simply fill the sink with cool water. Pour 1/4 cup of hair conditioner (any kind will do) into the sink and mix thoroughly.

Next, lay shirt flat in the water for 15 minutes. Remove it and soak it in clean cool water until the hair conditioner is all gone. Then, lay shirt on a towel and pull gently to stretch.

Once the shirt is back to it's regular size, leave it on the towel to air dry and you'll have your shirt back. [/COLOR]

============
[/SIZE][/FONT]