Seeing other Cruise Ships After Debarkation

sunflower47

The Disney Wonder will be in port in Miami on our debarkation day.

We have never been on a cruise so I do not know how the ports are set up.

Would we be able to go down and look at it and take a few photos before grabbing a taxi off the port?

There are a few other ships on both embarkation and debarkation days but I really love Disney and would love a photo of one of their ships.

You can take photos of the outside, but you won't be allowed on the ship.

Yes I knew that we couldn't go on the ship but I was just wondering if you can wander around the port area or are led right to the taxi's to leave the area.

I just want a picture or two of the outside of the ship.

Edited by sunflower47

Are you departing from Miami, and on which ship ?

Yes we are departing and returning to Miami.

We get off our ship on Friday morning and the only two ships in port that morning are the Disney Wonder and RC Majesty of the Seas.

The day we leave for our cruise we have Majesty of the Seas and the Carnival Victory in port with us.

I will most likely take pictures of all of them, but really want a picture of the Disney Wonder because I love all things Disney, but really don't think we would ever take a Disney Cruise.

Edited by sunflower47

There are two ways you can get pictures of Disney. You can drive towards Miami Beach over the McArthur Causeway (A1A). The causeway is on the oppisite side from the port. The other way is when your ship departs. "Google Dodge island Miami photo", you will see pictures of the cruise ships lined up facing different ways. When they arrive in port they go into the basin to turn around or just pull into port. If your ship does not turn around upon arrival, it will go into the basin and turn around upon departure. If you depart before Disney, you will pass it going out to sea.