Interior Upper/Lower- Help?

MrBanana1240

Looking at some rooms and for a 300 differnece, I thought I would consider the Upper-Lower rooms.

What are they like? Any pictures? Is there a way you can get one without the pulldown that just has the twin bed and then a couch? No specific class-type, just wondering an overall.

Any help in appreciated, thank you in advance.

Depends on what ship

Some have a sofa. Most have the upper bed

A friend stayed on liberty. Conquest class in 7446. Its next to the laundry room. Not sure of the cabin number. Room was amazing

Edited by serene56

The 1As on the Conquest Class ships have the single bed and sofa with the exception of the "sideways" rooms - like 6224 and 6227 to name a couple.

Also 6393, 7345, and 8357 do not have a sofa. They actually have 2 beds that can be pushed together plus a dropdown that stays in the ceiling. Note that these are only still 2 person rooms.

My mom had 2217 on Glory earlier this month and I stayed in 6393. We were both extremely happy with our rooms.

The normal inside rooms (Category 4 types) do not have sofas.

We've had room 2444 (Class 1A) twice on Carnival Triumph. We like it. First time there was two twins together and no upper. The second time there was one twin and one upper. It's one of the cheapest rooms on the ship. No bad noises but we wear earplugs to sleep. You get a lot of noise at docking as the ropes are directly below you. Plan on a lot of walking because you are on the far lower corner of the ship.

I have stayed in a 1A cabin on the fantasy class cabins. I love the location. It was in the aft, down a center hall. A couple of steps from the elevators & stairs. There was a lower berth & a upper berth. No couch, but there was a chair. Plus the vanity stool. I was by myself sailing with some friends. So I didn't need much room.

I was in a 1A on the Sensation in May. It was an upper/lower. The lower could actually be moved around and could be moved so that it wasn't right under the upper. The cabin was slightly smaller than a regular inside, but it was fine. We don't spend much time in the cabin anyway. I would book again for a mother/daughter or friend cruise.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Thanks for all the responses guys. Really appreciate it.

Anyone have input/photos from a Dream class ship? Found a nice deal on the Dream.

We were in 2217 on the Dream. Below are a couple of pictures. As you can see it has one bed and the sofa. In our case we used the sofa as a bed. I was traveling with my son.

Sharon

P1030449.jpg.8e441e976dfb085ea9d8a0f16686ef4c.jpg

P1030450.jpg.86693ac5e1b7d8988351964976dc966f.jpg

they look really nice !! thank you!!

I was the son in that Dream room 2217. If you look at the deck plans of ships, there are symbols in some of the rooms. For the 1A rooms, it can get confusing. No symbol in a 1A usually means that it's an upper bunk for the 2nd, however, some of those rooms have had a 2nd regular bed added in: Conquest class' midship 1As on decks 6-8, 2 or 3 of Triumph/Victory's rooms 2444/2445 have had a 2nd regular bed added, plus all of the Spirit class 1As.

A symbol in the room means that something is different. Either it uses a sofa bed or it has 2 portholes or both. Room 2217 has both, indicated by the diamond & the triangle. The first rooms at the front there have just the triangle, meaning a sofa bed & no portholes. On deck 1, all 4 rooms at the front have portholes, but 2 of them use an upper instead of a sofabed.

2 years ago, I did a rundown of all 1As on all the ships, noting the ones that weren't the standard (upper bunk, no view, not handicapped). There have been a few changes since then, such as the Destiny's 2334/2335 are no longer 1As on the Sunshine. Plus, as I mentioned, Triumph/Victory added a 2nd bed to 2 or 3 of their 2-window 1A rooms. But you can click here to see that post.

Edited by k2excursion

Looking at some rooms and for a 300 differnece, I thought I would consider the Upper-Lower rooms.

What are they like? Any pictures? Is there a way you can get one without the pulldown that just has the twin bed and then a couch? No specific class-type, just wondering an overall.

Any help in appreciated, thank you in advance.

I stayed in 1606 inside upper/lower on Sunshine last January and it had a king sized bed and a pull down. It really does depend on the ship and individual cabin. I would google for pictures of the specific cabin you are considering. Sometimes you can find a video on youtube.