Help! has this happened to anyone else on RCI

cme

Thank you Jacquelyn;)

I am mailing the dress Monday morning registered mail. I ordered my replacement dress this morning from Chadwicks. Yes, I really do like it that much.:D I have faith that RCI will do the right thing.

Carrie

Interesting point. I probably would have written it off too, but thinking about it, I think the OP has every right to request reimbursement.

I would have written off the hair dryer -- it was the pax's fault -- and the bathing suit -- all pools have chlorine, that's why you wear your old suits in a pool -- but the ripped dress? That one I'd go after.

I feel that RCL should help Carrie out with the cost of a new Dress.

When we had to call Maintenance to get the Dress out of the bracket in the closet, I feel RCL should be Responsible.

When we hung our clothes in the closet, WHO would of thought to investigate the closet to see if our Clothes would Not be Damaged in the Closet... If Maintenance would not of taken the hinge off of the closet, Carrie's Dress would still be on The Brilliance...

Carrie's Friend Donna

Hey Deb:) We would love to go on a reunion cruise. We still have not had a group that equaled that Brilliance cruise we all did together. That was just the best.:D

Thanks for the support on the dress issue Deb and my best cruzin partner Donna.;)

Carrie

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone:D Just wanted to let you know that I received a check in the mail today from rccl. They did pay for all of my dress. I only asked them to pay $117.00 for the dress and $13.00 for the shipping. They sent me a check for $141.00, they also paid for the faxes that I had sent them. Now I can go on my next cruise with no hard feelings towards them. I told them that people on cc were waiting to hear the outcome on this matter. I am glad they did the right thing by me.

Carrie:)

Hi everyone:D Just wanted to let you know that I received a check in the mail today from rccl. They did pay for all of my dress. I only asked them to pay $117.00 for the dress and $13.00 for the shipping. They sent me a check for $141.00, they also paid for the faxes that I had sent them. Now I can go on my next cruise with no hard feelings towards them. I told them that people on cc were waiting to hear the outcome on this matter. I am glad they did the right thing by me.

Carrie:)

Congratulations!

Unless it was a $300 or $400 dress, I would stop stressing and forget about it.

I would see if I could get an attorney friend to maybe write a nice letter on his firm's letterhead. Betcha the cruiseline will stop their crap and just forward the OP a check for her damages ... especially since there is no question there was damage caused and it occurred onboard.

It's like the games those companies with mail-in rebates play. They put you through the paperwork mill hoping that you'll just give up and not pursue the money. They save a bundle with that strategy. You just have to let them know you are not gonna play their game ... and are not gonna rest until you get your money. Believe me, they'll back right off and pay ... because they know you are in the right ... and they know that you know it too.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Quote from above: "I would see if I could get an attorney friend to maybe write a nice letter on his firm's letterhead. Betcha the cruiseline will stop their crap and just forward the OP a check for her damages ... especially since there is no question there was damage caused and it occurred onboard."

My response...

Yeah, right. Just a little hint - lawyers don't write "nice letters". When they become involved, it's adversarial, and RCI has more lawyers than the average pax. Like RCI (or any other cruise line) gives a crap when John Doe lawyer from Podunk USA writes a letter of representation over a $200 dress...

CME, congratulations on handling it the correct way. Win, lose or draw, you went about it in a mature manner.

Happy cruising...

LL

Hello Carrie ~ That's Great that RCL paid for your dress so you can get a new one for Our B2B Cruise in November/December.

We're going to the Lake on Friday afternoon with Mark and Lorainne.

I'll call you 1st of next week.

Donna

Thanks everyone:) I did keep my patience with them and I think that it helped. They did staple another copy of the cruise contract to the check. I guess that just wanted to get in the last little dig.:rolleyes:

Carrie

Archived