International Pier for Disney?

mrsgoggins

Thanks for the link - but I couldn't find the actual dock used. However, I carried on looking at posts and on page 5 I found a link which seemed to suggest that all Disney ships dock at Punta Langosta.

Anyone know if this is convenient for the Avis depot at the International Pier? (Punta Langosta might be part of the International Pier for all I know!).

I'm new to cruising and there is so much to learn :)

Thanks for the link - but I couldn't find the actual dock used. However, I carried on looking at posts and on page 5 I found a link which seemed to suggest that all Disney ships dock at Punta Langosta.

Anyone know if this is convenient for the Avis depot at the International Pier? (Punta Langosta might be part of the International Pier for all I know!).

I'm new to cruising and there is so much to learn :)

They are indeed different piers. The Punta Langosta pier is like 3 miles north of the other two (International and Puerta Maya), so you probably don't want to book a rental car at the International Pier. The good news is Punta Langosta is right there in town, so there's probably serveral different car rental places nearby.

They are indeed different piers. The Punta Langosta pier is like 3 miles north of the other two (International and Puerta Maya), so you probably don't want to book a rental car at the International Pier. The good news is Punta Langosta is right there in town, so there's probably serveral different car rental places nearby.

Thanks for that. I found that Avis has a depot at Punta Langosta and so I booked. Only Grand Cayman car hire to sort out now and then I'm done :D

If you have not been to the Caymans, remember they drive on the other side of the road.

If you rent a car it will have a different color license plate. That way the locals know you are from out of town.

:D

Lol, 'the other side of the road' is not a problem for us - we're from the UK and drive on the left - the Caymans are a British Overseas Territory ;). Interesting information about the different colour plates though. I would have thought that as an affluent place, it would be pretty safe ...... I hope :)