"Your Time Dining" - suggestions needed!

cwb34

We were on the Sept. 28th sailing of the Magic. We had Your Time Dining. We found two waitstaff teams that were just awesome.

One was Lubo (shortened version of his real name) and the other Aquino. Both teams were top notch. One team was port side by the windows and the other was starboard by the windows. We had some great meals with beautiful sunsets. We never had to wait for a table and ate in the MDR five of the seven nights. We just asked each night if either were available.

Now having shared the info I will tell you Lubo said they do rotate between YTD and set dining every 12 weeks. So you may or may not be able to enjoy their service depending on when you sail.

Thanks for the info :) Questions...was there a certain time you usually went to dinner? And how many were in your party?

PS...September 28th was the date of my first cruise ever!

We were on the Sept. 28th sailing of the Magic. We had Your Time Dining. We found two waitstaff teams that were just awesome.

One was Lubo (shortened version of his real name) and the other Aquino. Both teams were top notch. One team was port side by the windows and the other was starboard by the windows. We had some great meals with beautiful sunsets. We never had to wait for a table and ate in the MDR five of the seven nights. We just asked each night if either were available.

Now having shared the info I will tell you Lubo said they do rotate between YTD and set dining every 12 weeks. So you may or may not be able to enjoy their service depending on when you sail.

Edited by tkportersat

Thanks for the info :) Questions...was there a certain time you usually went to dinner? And how many were in your party?

PS...September 28th was the date of my first cruise ever!

Hey tkportersat, I too am a transplanted San Antonioan. (is that a word?)

Our evening meal time varied so much. Honestly some nights it was early like 7 and other late like 8:30. While I said we never had to wait for our requested team we did have a few short lines. Hubby hates lines so when I say short I mean like less than 5 minutes wait in line.

We didn't do cruise elegant evening instead dined in the Italian restaurant on the first CE night and the steakhouse on the second CE night. (To avoid the lines).

Granddaughter and I had YTD in late May, had team headed by El Pedio in center. We had requested non-window seating. The team was wonderful. Attentive, fun, personable.

Sailed again in September with two daughters and asked on first night if he was still assigned there. Thrilled to find he was. Had them again for entire cruise.

I think one of the things that impressed me the most was that he and his team remembered my granddaughter and inquired after her.

El Pedio will take good care of you.

We can make it our word :)

That is good to know, I don't mind a short wait really. We will just have the 4 year old and long waits don't work out well. I'm not really sure if he will be with us at dinner or not depending on if he takes to Camp Carnival or not. We too will probably go to the Steakhouse one night and would like to try the Italian restaurant as well.

Either way, we just thought we would try winging it this go round. The port schedule is a little off as we will be in Costa Maya 1-8pm. So there might be nights we don't even have dinner on the ship.

Hey tkportersat, I too am a transplanted San Antonioan. (is that a word?)

Our evening meal time varied so much. Honestly some nights it was early like 7 and other late like 8:30. While I said we never had to wait for our requested team we did have a few short lines. Hubby hates lines so when I say short I mean like less than 5 minutes wait in line.

We didn't do cruise elegant evening instead dined in the Italian restaurant on the first CE night and the steakhouse on the second CE night. (To avoid the lines).

Granddaughter and I had YTD in late May, had team headed by El Pedio in center. We had requested non-window seating. The team was wonderful. Attentive, fun, personable.

Sailed again in September with two daughters and asked on first night if he was still assigned there. Thrilled to find he was. Had them again for entire cruise.

I think one of the things that impressed me the most was that he and his team remembered my granddaughter and inquired after her.

El Pedio will take good care of you.

We had ElPedio at breakfast a couple of times and you are right he and his team were also top notch. He greeted us by name one evening in the MDR. I of course recognized his face and friendly voice but had to look at his name tag.:o I truly don't know how the staff can remember everyone's names.

We just got back from the Magic 10-19 to 10-26. We did any time dining and it was great. The wait staff we had on the first night was so good we requested them each night we ate in the MDR. The team was headed by Maria and assisted by Hazel (a gentleman) and Roxanna. They were absolutely outstanding. We also had them at Breakfast a couple of days. Northern Lights, on the third level, mid-room on port side.

Have a great time, we certainly did!

Also, we usually ate fairly early 6 -7 and never waited in line, even requesting particular service team.