Coral Princess mattresses

Jetswdo

We will be in a mini suite on the Coral- For those of you who have been in the mini suites in the last couple of years, have the mattresses been the more comfortable pillow top?

I ask this because we were on the Royal last April-- While I wasn't crazy about ship design, I must say that the bed was just fine-- I was in regular balcony cabin. On two previous cruises, the Island and the Sapphire, the bed was horrible and I needed two egg crate toppers to make it ok.

If the Coral mattresses are ok, then I won't bother to pre order the foam toppers---

We will be in a mini suite on the Coral- For those of you who have been in the mini suites in the last couple of years, have the mattresses been the more comfortable pillow top?

I ask this because we were on the Royal last April-- While I wasn't crazy about ship design, I must say that the bed was just fine-- I was in regular balcony cabin. On two previous cruises, the Island and the Sapphire, the bed was horrible and I needed two egg crate toppers to make it ok.

If the Coral mattresses are ok, then I won't bother to pre order the foam toppers---

We just got back off the Coral and they do have the pillowtop. Although I was inside cabin, our cabin steward told us the egg crates are gone for the more comfortable pillow top. I slept very well except for my husband snoring! LOL:D

• 1 month later...

So no one in those cabins felt the need for extra topper, or woke up with a back ache? I like a firm, but on the soft side, not squooshy, if that makes any sense. Most hotel rooms, I've had no problems- from Holiday Inns to Hiltons- never had any issue. I've been on NCL, Celebrity, Royal, and the old Disney- Big Red Boat- no issue at all. But on Princess Saphire and Island- 5-8 years ago, horrible. Royal Princess---no problem at all.

Anyway, sounds like the mattress on Coral will be fine. Thanks for the info.

If your picky what you sleep on, ask your cabin butler for one of the special inflatable mattresses. You can customize the softness or firmness to your liking.

Good luck.