Carnival Sensation vs Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Sea

jo1967

Would really appreciate any advice from fellow Cruise Critics :-)

My son (17) and I will be visiting Orlando next June/July - to break up the theme park activities we have decided on a short cruise - but can't decide on Carnival or Royal Caribbean (departing Port Canaveral) . We are very limited to the time we have and can really only fit in a 3 night cruise - so really just looking for a snapshot and to get a taste of what cruising is like.

Any suggestions appreciate :-)

My son (17) and I will be visiting Orlando next June/July - to break up the theme park activities we have decided on a short cruise - but can't decide on Carnival or Royal Caribbean (departing Port Canaveral) . We are very limited to the time we have and can really only fit in a 3 night cruise - so really just looking for a snapshot and to get a taste of what cruising is like.

I personally prefer Carnival. I think your 17 year would have more fun. I spent a lot of money on Royal and didn't like it at all. I will be going on RC in January and that is only because it is going to Belize. Have fun!!!!

I've been on both ships more than once and without hesitation I'd pick Enchantment of the Seas. I'll almost always suggest RCI over Carnival.

The ship is leaps and bounds nicer than Sensation and the amenities are better. Enchantment has a nice Solarium pool that is only for people 16 and older.

I can only describe Sensation as a barge. Just look at it. It's hideous.