Breakaway Dailies Fl/Bahamas Oct 5-12, 2014 (Full Sized Pictures)

ncklhaus

• 4 weeks later...

What a fanstatic review. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful pictures and your experience. I am sailing on the Breakway in Nov and will probably read your review a hundred more times.

Your family is beautiful, especially your daughter. It looks like you made forever memories

thanks so much for all the info and photos. i'm considering booking the breakaway for our first NCL cruise next october to bermuda. loved all the pictures and tips!

I'm glad I could help. I would be to try and answer any questions you have. Book Breakaway!! ;)

What a fanstatic review. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful pictures and your experience. I am sailing on the Breakway in Nov and will probably read your review a hundred more times.

Your family is beautiful, especially your daughter. It looks like you made forever memories

Thanks so much for the kind words. We really did have an unbelievable time. It was truly the best vacation we've ever had.

When are you going in November? We're going again November 8th.

Thanks so much for the kind words. We really did have an unbelievable time. It was truly the best vacation we've ever had.

When are you going in November? We're going again November 8th.

We will be getting off as you get on. Thanks again for sharing.

Thanks. I'm glad it could help.

Vibe passes were $79 per person for the week. In my opinion, they were worth every penny. You get them from Guest Services, but they sell out fast. You need to be in the first boarding groups if you want them. I believe they only sell 80 passes per cruise.

I know you did this a while ago but wanted to add to the "thank yous" you've been receiving. I loved looking through the pictures and dailies!

Thanks again,

Paul

Thanks Paul. I'm happy you enjoyed. I also enjoy looking at them. :p

We are booked again for November, so I'll do another review with lots of pictures.

• 3 weeks later...
Vibe is an adults only area on deck 17. You pay $79 per person for the week and only a limited number of passes are sold. You are issued a pink wrist band that you are supposed to wear (I made mine large enough to slide on and off and my husband kept his in his pocket) and they program your key card to open the door access it.

From Norwegian's Web Site:

"Guests will jump for quiet joy upon discovering this private retreat where they can connect with ocean – and disconnect from everything else. Exclusively for those 18 and over, Vibe Beach Club is resplendent with ocean views, an oversized hot tub, chaise loungers and a relaxing water feature – ideal for drowning out every last bit of stress. A full-service bar, water spritzers, chilled towels and skewers of fruit ease you even more into serenity. A limited number of passes will be available for purchase onboard at the Guest Service Desk. "

Is it covered? Cruising next Sunday. Brrrrrrrr. Looking for good options on our sea days when it will be chilly. Do you go to Vibe to get the passes?

Really enjoyed your review and thanks for sharing :)

I was wondering about the car service you used from the pier back to Valley Stream. I'm originally from Queens and lives blocks away from the Boarder of Queens and Valley Stream :) If I may, can you please tell the cost per passenger? I'm hoping to get a group cruise together for my dad's 80th B'day next year and leaving from NY will be ideal for most of us.

Thanks.

Is it covered? Cruising next Sunday. Brrrrrrrr. Looking for good options on our sea days when it will be chilly. Do you go to Vibe to get the passes?

Vibe is not covered. :( If you want passes, you need to be on board ASAP (we were boarding group 5), we arrived at the pier around 10am.

Thanks for the amazing review. We are sailing next Sunday! Can't wait. You've got me so excited now.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm excited for you too! Enjoy every minute.

Really enjoyed your review and thanks for sharing :)

I was wondering about the car service you used from the pier back to Valley Stream. I'm originally from Queens and lives blocks away from the Boarder of Queens and Valley Stream :) If I may, can you please tell the cost per passenger? I'm hoping to get a group cruise together for my dad's 80th B'day next year and leaving from NY will be ideal for most of us.

Thanks.

We used Groundlink. I don't really think they had a per passenger price. I think it goes by the type/size of vehicle you choose. I highly recommend them and we'll be using them again in November. They also have an app that works great. We were 2 adults and a child, and we paid around $300 round trip. It sounds expensive, but if you were to drive yourself, pay for tolls, gas, and parking, it's cheaper to use them. Plus the convenience factor just can't be beat.

• 2 weeks later...

There's nothing better than making friends on a cruise. :) We have kept in touch with a few people from this sailing and are getting together with them in a few hours for dinner, and then after we eat we are all going to the Ringling Brothers Circus! :D

Here's the first 3 minutes or so of the GLOW party. The ship was moving pretty fast and it was rocking just a bit, but I think that made the party even more fun.

th_20141009_223627_zpsa6gjtzxy.mp4

As I said before, we brought plenty of glow items, but they also gave out lots of them too. And they also were putting face paint on people as well.

1902744_10203560837153776_8940879181220529498_n_zps3ffa960e.jpg

1888609_10203560839073824_7292680678886832690_n_zps22e10c68.jpg

We only stayed for around 45 minutes and by then we were exhausted. Sea day tomorrow.

I love your top and pants...where did you get them? Thanks!!

I love your top and pants...where did you get them? Thanks!!

The jeans are from JC Penney and the top is from a store called Danice. Can you believe the top was only $2? I also bought it in black. ;)

Edited by ncklhaus

Thanks so much for the post. We just booked the nov 8th cruise too. Kids will be 5 and 7. Hoping they love it and mom and dad can have some mom and dad time!! I have become obsessed with going on this cruise. I want it too be awesome. We will be in 12304.

Just read your entire post - great pics and info! Booked on Breakaway for this itinerary on April 19; we're saying we don't even know if we're going to get off at ant of the ports - this is just going to be a lazy, relaxing vacation! Thanks so much for taking the time to post this - btw, you daughter is a real cutie!

Sandy

Thanks so much for the post. We just booked the nov 8th cruise too. Kids will be 5 and 7. Hoping they love it and mom and dad can have some mom and dad time!! I have become obsessed with going on this cruise. I want it too be awesome. We will be in 12304.

We're really looking forward to meeting you!

Just read your entire post - great pics and info! Booked on Breakaway for this itinerary on April 19; we're saying we don't even know if we're going to get off at ant of the ports - this is just going to be a lazy, relaxing vacation! Thanks so much for taking the time to post this - btw, you daughter is a real cutie!

Sandy

Thanks Sandy. That's the way we like to cruise. The ship is our destination, we get off only at GSC.

• 2 months later...
We scheduled a wake up call for 7am. I love that you just push the button on the phone for the wake up call and you set it through an automated system. We could have gone for breakfast if we wanted to but we declined.

What a shock to our systems coming back to NYC. When we left it was in the mid 60's. We came back to the mid 40's. Eek!

Anyway, we had booked car service through Groundlink and they were scheduled to pick us up at 10am. We had priority disembarkation (maybe because we booked Groundlink?) but there was a backlog of people using Easy Walk off. Apparently, many passengers chose not to pay attention to procedure and tried to leave before they were supposed to. The crew takes the luggage off the ship in a certain order and if you leave before your scheduled time, your luggage isn't ready yet.

Easy walk off started around 8, but due to the congestion caused by the people that don't listen, priority didn't start until 9:15. Priority should have begun shortly after or at the same time as Easy walk off.

We were off the ship and had a porter with a cart and our luggage through customs by 9:30. The porter took all of our bags all the way across the street and found us a safe place for our driver to be able to pick us up. A quick confirmation call to Groundlink with our location and we were in the car by 9:55. A very nice, easy ride home and in our house by 10:30.

I will post extra pictures of things I left out, like Carlo's Bakery and other things that pop in my mind over the next few days.

Feel free to ask any questions. I'll do my best to try and answer them.

I hope you all have enjoyed reliving our cruise as much as I did!:D

We loved the ship and purchased a cruise reward. I already booked a Breakaway 2 night cruise to nowhere for December 2015 just for me and my husband, and the 7 night same Florida, Bahamas, and Great Stirrup Cay itinerary for the 3 of us for April 2016 ( in the same stateroom!)

Which April 2016 departure? We are staying in 8128 on the 4/10/16 departure.