Missing Ports on Valor Southern Carribean

xowendyxo

I was wondering if there are any ports that are missed due to weather, rough seas, etc on the Valor?

We are going in March of 2015, my husband wants to dive at least one of the ports, and I want to schedule his excursion(s) where we may be less likely to miss them. I have heard that St. Kitts has been missed a few times.

Thanks!

I was wondering if there are any ports that are missed due to weather, rough seas, etc on the Valor?

We are going in March of 2015, my husband wants to dive at least one of the ports, and I want to schedule his excursion(s) where we may be less likely to miss them. I have heard that St. Kitts has been missed a few times.

Thanks!

We were on Valor in May 2013 and made all of our stops. Water was pretty calm the whole time. It doesn't appear that the Southern Caribbean stops are missed too frequently since none are tender ports. A friend was on Valor last April and they missed St. Kitts on their cruise and I think it was winds. I also saw a review from January 2010 where St. Maarten was missed, due to winds. I got into a habit of checking the Carnival webcams on Valor after we went on our cruise and the only one I saw missed was the sailing my friend was on last April when St. Kitts was missed. So yes, occasionally a port will be missed but it's not too often, not like the Western Caribbean or HMC.

There are not many reports of Valor missing ports. Of course, there is always the chance of rough weather, especially during hurricane season, but something you can not plan or predict a couple days out or in your case, 5 months out. All ports are docks, so no issues with tenders.

We've done the Southern Caribbean itinerary three times, twice on the Valor and once on the Victory. All three times in March and April. Have never skipped a port due to weather, or any other reason for that matter. I suppose it's possible, and certainly more likely during hurricane season, but it's not very likely in April. I wouldn't hold on making your excursion reservations for this concern.

We'll be making it our fourth time in March. Can't wait!

We didn't skip any ports in March 2014 on Valor but on the same itinerary on Victory in September 2011 we missed St. Maarten due to wind. It looked like a beautiful sunny day and we tried to dock but then they made the announcement that it would be too dangerous. This is such a port intensive cruise I didn't mind having an extra sea day.

We missed St Maarten in Feb of 2010 due to large sea swells.... but normally this itinerary won't miss stops.... as others are telling you... no tenders to deal with and all but St Maarten and St Kitts are in a kind of protected port so the rough seas are not a big problem.... If Diving were a main interest. St Lucia would be where I would tell you to book. Great water and dive places as well as not much chance of missing the port.