Fort Lauderdale Hotels "on the strip" post cruise

tinatark

We will be staying for one night post cruise 12/6 - want to stay as close to the FLL "strip" as possible - any suggestions? We will have a car, picking up at Hyatt Pier 66 after the cruise, dropping off at FLL the next day.

I think "Strip" is where the bars and restaurants and shops are on A1A bordered by Beach Place on the north and Oasis Cafe on the south. The beach hotels near the strip charge for parking. Alhambra Beach Resort has free parking and it's in an awesome location, 2 blocks from Beach Place and less than a half block from the beach. The closest other hotels to the strip are Marriott Beach Place Towers, Ritz Carlton, Westin, and Courtyard.

The best located hotel to be on the 'strip' is the Courtyard Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach. It's actually a really nice hotel.

They are currently painting the exterior white instead of that ugly sand color it has been all these years.

You don't need to rent a car if you stay along the beach on "the strip". Unless you choose a hotel away from the beach or further north, renting really isn't needed. Cost to the airport and to the hotel will be less than car rental in most cases.

If you check the discount sites like lastminutetravel.com you will find the Marriott for around 175$. Really a nice place to stay, no need for a car for sure! You will be only maybe 5 miles from the airport. Same to port.

Ok. Back!

Getting a car because it's just easier - we have a Cuban food tradition in FLL ... and one of our party is flying out on Saturday afternoon - we will probably eat, drop her off then check in to our hotel...

It seems that the rates jump UP in December! Many of the small, family owned resorts are already sold out - so is the 17th St. Embassy Suites (checked that before we decided to stay close to the beach), Hyatt Pier 66 and Marriott. I have a (cancelable) reservation at the Westin. AAA w/free parking $227. I will keep looking for a better rate/location.

Thank you for your input!

Edited by tinatark

Ok. Back!

Getting a car because it's just easier - we have a Cuban food tradition in FLL ... and one of our party is flying out on Saturday afternoon - we will probably eat, drop her off then check in to our hotel...

It seems that the rates jump UP in December! Many of the small, family owned resorts are already sold out - so is the 17th St. Embassy Suites (checked that before we decided to stay close to the beach), Hyatt Pier 66 and Marriott. I have a (cancelable) reservation at the Westin. AAA w/free parking $227. I will keep looking for a better rate/location.

Thank you for your input!

I would stay with the Westin we stayed 2 nights pre cruise last June and Loved it so much we are staying 2 nights post cruise the 14th and 15th of December. Landed 150.00 a night on Orbitz for those 2 nights but saw it bounce any where between 150.00 and 250.00 a night while I was watching it.

Great restauarants and Beach in walking distance along the "strip"

Don't forget to add in cost for parking that rental at your beach hotel.

I'd recommend you use the discount booking sites. I see them cheaper. Are you familiar with Gallery One...only $106 on lastminutetravel.com. (cancellable) I see Embassy Suites there too.

Edited by eandj

I'd recommend you use the discount booking sites. I see them cheaper. Are you familiar with Gallery One...only $106 on lastminutetravel.com. (cancellable) I see Embassy Suites there too.

Gallery One and Embassy Suites are nice but not near The Strip.

Gallery One and Embassy Suites are nice but not near The Strip.

What RC said! We have actually stayed at the Embassy Suites and the Gallery One before!

Parking is included in our room rate.