Refund on port charges and taxes

foxfive5

Hi

I was just wanting to know for anyone that recently just cruised the Breakaway did anyone get a refund from their port charges and taxes?

In the past cruises if the port charges and taxes were less then what they charged I would get a refund.

Thank you

Hi

I was just wanting to know for anyone that recently just cruised the Breakaway did anyone get a refund from their port charges and taxes?

In the past cruises if the port charges and taxes were less then what they charged I would get a refund.

Thank you

Is the itinerary changing that would result in a change in port charges?

No not because of the itinerary has change because the itinerary has never changed on my cruises.

I just ended up with a refund while im on my cruise and they give it back as a OBC I was told because of the port charges and taxes were charged less for that cruise so I received a refund.

Thank you

In all of our cruises, I don't think I ever saw any adjustments.

By the way, they can charge whatever they want - does not have to be a set fee that goes up and down since they get charged all sorts of fees when the arrive in port. Per person, ship size, docking fees, connection fees, staff fees, etc etc. Then, somehow they come with a fee they charge each guest.

I have heard of a small adjustment when they skip a port though. Also heard of folks with a missed port that did not get an adjustment.

Edited by garycarla

We were recently off the Gem - 9 day to the Caribbean. Because we tendered in Tortola instead of docking we received $15pp credit on our shipboard account.

Another time on a Princess repo (10/29 - the year before Sandy), the weather was so bad (windy, rain, snow) that we overnighted in Brooklyn and missed San Juan. Our port charges were adjusted on our account, we got credit for SJ and charged for Brooklyn, lol