Boston hotel suggestions for May 16?

Sea Belle

This is probably not very helpful but you are arriving the day before, and maybe even the evening before the cruise. Could you come in a day early?

This would be better on so many levels and your options for hotel could be less limited.

Boston really is worth the day if you can coax it into your itinerary. If there is any way, I would recommend it. :)

Smooth sailing...

We were blown away by the price of Boston Hotels. A previous poster was right when he said words to the effect that you don't use "Boston hotel" and "reasonable" in the same sentence.

In the end we chose to book for next June through HAL with transfers included and are staying at the Airport Hilton for the night prior to the cruise and at the Copely Plaza for a few days post cruise. The Copely seems to be well located for doing some exploring on foot and shopping. Also the Hilton has a shuttle to the nearby water taxi. I think it will work out well.

In the end we chose to book for next June through HAL with transfers included and are staying at the Airport Hilton for the night prior to the cruise and at the Copely Plaza for a few days post cruise.

I've stayed at the Airport Hilton a couple of times when I had a too early flight the next morning. I was very happy there, as the facility was lovely. Very quiet, too. I DID NOT hear the planes taking off and landing.

I would stay there again, should the need arise.

I hope your night there is enjoyable, too.

I'd recommend the Airport Hilton. Comparatively to downtown hotels, it is a good price. A few of minutes after you get your bags, your checking in. Quick hotel shuttle to the subway or short cab ride to downtown. 10 minute cab to catch the ship.

We were blown away by the price of Boston Hotels. A previous poster was right when he said words to the effect that you don't use "Boston hotel" and "reasonable" in the same sentence.

In the end we chose to book for next June through HAL with transfers included and are staying at the Airport Hilton for the night prior to the cruise and at the Copely Plaza for a few days post cruise. The Copely seems to be well located for doing some exploring on foot and shopping. Also the Hilton has a shuttle to the nearby water taxi. I think it will work out well.

Are you referring to the Copley Fairmount Hotel by the Boston Public Library (a beautiful building? If so, it is a very classic, landmark luxry hotel with all different style rooms. They are not cookie cutter and some are fabulous, others less so. Be specific with them as to room type you want.

They used to have one of the best restaurants in Boston but a few years ago converted it from The Oak Room to a bar type restaurant and we were so saddened. It used to be one of the restaurants where we would celebrate very special events. :) Same for Aujourd 'Hui at Four Seasons Hotel. That restaurant is also gone. The times they are a-changing. :( People don't want that kind of lovely elegance anymore.

In any case, if that is the hotel you mean,, it is a very good location.

I've stayed at the Airport Hilton a couple of times when I had a too early flight the next morning. I was very happy there, as the facility was lovely. Very quiet, too. I DID NOT hear the planes taking off and landing.

I would stay there again, should the need arise.

I hope your night there is enjoyable, too.

Are there any decent restaurants available for dinner/breakfast?

Edited by sail7seas

Are you referring to the Copley Fairmount Hotel by the Boston Public Library (a beautiful building? If so, it is a very classic, landmark luxry hotel with all different style rooms. They are not cookie cutter and some are fabulous, others less so. Be specific with them as to room type you want.

They used to have one of the best restaurants in Boston but a few years ago converted it from The Oak Room to a bar type restaurant and we were so saddened. It used to be one of the restaurants where we would celebrate very special events. :) Same for Aujourd 'Hui at Four Seasons Hotel. That restaurant is also gone. The times they are a-changing. :( People don't want that kind of lovely elegance anymore.

In any case, if that is the hotel you mean,, it is a very good location.

Yes, I did a Google street view walkabout and it is very close to the library and Newbury (sp?) Street. I think we will be happy there. Most likely since it was booked through HAL we will not have a say in the rooms but we have booked through HAL in Copenhagen, Venice, London, New York and Quebec City and have never been disappointed.

Edited by sapper1

You will be near Copley Place upscale shopping for such stores as Neiman Marcus, Tiffany, Louis Vuitton, Gucci.... :D You get the picture. You will also be near Prudential which is more moderate shopping. Newbury Street is lovely to stroll and see the lovely stores and galleries. Have a relaxing lunch. The end of Newbury Street faces Boston Public Gardens. Beautiful to walk.

Every airport Hilton I have ever stayed in (and there have been more than a few) has had both a more upscale menu, and one that is more along the lines of pub fare. Sometimes they are in different rooms, sometimes different sections of the same room.

My memory of the Airport Hilton in Boston is that there were the two separate restaurants.