Need help picking balcony cabin location On Jewel in Alaska

I think you mean 8588 and yes that would be a more normal size balcony.

As was mentioned t/a hold blocks of cabins for groups that if not sold in a given time must be returned. Also some people (like me) grab some of the best locations as soon as bookings open up and sometimes as final payment gets close decide to cancel.

Correct 8588, I was so excited I hit the wrong key:rolleyes:

If you were able to snag 8588, I believe you'll be quite happy with it. Plenty of room to sit out there, even if you need a coat and gloves, with a hot pot of coffee and gaze at the amazing scenery.

Depending on whether you're cruising north or southbound, one side of the ship will have slightly better views of the land/mountains; however, much of this cruise will be the inside passage and most of your ports are actually surrounded by gobs of islands, so viewing on either side is spectacular . . . and don't forget about the wildlife. Whales, birds, otters, seals. These can appear at any time any where, so keep your eyes pealed for them.

I've done Alaska twice with RCCL and if there weren't so many other places I want to go, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Have an amazing time.:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wondering which would be better (for sightseeing) on a round trip Alaskan cruise in a D category cabin on the Jewel... 8670 Aft is available....... but not sure if a mid ship cabin might be better??? The aft on that ship is a LONG way from the elevators.. (just sailed on the Serenade in Aft cabin 1100... found it a bit of a walk).... Nice & peaceful for sure.... but found I hated running back & forth when I'd forget things.... :eek:

THANKS in advance!

Very understandable.

Now keep and eye on your sailing and see if you can snare 8088 or 7094. They have huge balconies!

We have 7094 in June! I'm really excited to see pictures of this balcony and its large size. The only thing I was a bit concerned about was it being extremely windy since it's on the front side of the hump?

We had a rear aft last year on our Alaskan. Although the walk was a bit far the views were great. The balcony is long and will hold 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a table. If you can snag one and don't mind walking it is well worth it. :)

We have 7094 in June! I'm really excited to see pictures of this balcony and its large size. The only thing I was a bit concerned about was it being extremely windy since it's on the front side of the hump? I really would like to be able to sit outside and enjoy some of the beautiful Alaskan scenery.

Does anyone have any experience in this cabin to share, particularly regarding wind?

Thanks!