Travel Time Ha Long Bay to Hanoi

Connecticutcruiser

If you take the new expressway that was completed last year, the drive one-way is about 75 minutes.

I would be shocked if you can get from Halong bay to Hanoi in 75 minutes....I would say three hours + is more likely unless you are a nascar driver...if you ride a public van or bus be prepared to cover your eyes about half the way as you see every other vehicle coming straight at you only to swerve away at the last second....

I would be shocked if you can get from Halong bay to Hanoi in 75 minutes....I would say three hours + is more likely unless you are a nascar driver...if you ride a public van or bus be prepared to cover your eyes about half the way as you see every other vehicle coming straight at you only to swerve away at the last second....

Sorry. My mistake. I was discussing this with a friend who informed me that the expressway they have been building for more than 10 years was completed.

Good news: The expressway from the cruise terminal to Saigon has been completed and the drive there is about 75 minutes.

Bad News: The expressway from Halong Bay to Hanoi is still not completed. The drive there is still over dusty, bumpy roads and still takes over 3 hours.

A little good news: There has been a helicopter service between Hanoi and Halong Bay, using old Russian helos. The service has been on and off several times, with changing landing places.