Carnival out of NYC?

beckzay

I wish Carnival would have a ship leaving out of NYC in the spring :( Us new englanders are forced to choose NCL if we want to cruise in the spring or fall out of New York. There's Baltimore, but it's an additional 3 hr drive.

Ok, venting over.

I wish Carnival would have a ship leaving out of NYC in the spring :( Us new englanders are forced to choose NCL if we want to cruise in the spring or fall out of New York. There's Baltimore, but it's an additional 3 hr drive.

Ok, venting over.

The Splendor is only in NYC from late May to early October next year. :(

The Splendor is only in NYC from late May to early October next year. :(

I know, it's such a bummer! New York is so convenient. We're trying to plan a cruise for the last week of April '15 and I was really hoping to be able to sail out of NYC for the kid's first cruise. We have to go all the way to Baltimore in order to sail carnival and not pay airfare.

We would also like spring cruises out of NYC because we can drive there in one day. I understand that they weren't popular in the winter, but I'm surprised they don't head to NYC by the end of March to catch spring break families. There are plenty of options out of Miami. Looking at the prices of the Easter week Splendor cruise from Miami, I can't imagine they can't charge more from NYC. What am I missing?

NCL Breakaway is such a nicer ship. Recently sailed the Splendor. We had a great time but the ship is probably my least favorite in the Carnival fleet. Would never book it again. Unless it had some serious updates. Or a free cruise. We had a large group that sailed the Splendor for peanuts because they couldn't fill it.