Activities for a 14 month old on Allure

kalisha

hello,

We are deciding whether we should take a 7 day cruise on Allure the week after thanksgiving this year with our 14 month old. I was wondering do you get your money's worth and are there activities for this age range, can they use the pool or do they have a pool for babies in diapers, and is child care free or is there a service charge. thank you in advance.

I don't think there's such a thing as "free child care" if you mean baby sitting.

Only you can decide if you'll "get your money's worth"........

I doubt most other guests would want a 14 month old to use the pool. Edited by bouhunter

We were just on Allure in August with our 3 year old and 10 month old. They have the Royal Babies & Tots nursery that charges $6 during daytime hours and $8 during the evenings, I think it was from 5 or 6 pm on. We had our son with them a few times so we could have some couple time and they were great with him. We wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

They also have a Baby Splash Zone which is a little kids pool designed specifically for babies in swim diapers that is separate from the other pools and has its own water filtration system. Our son LOVED it there and we had a heck of a time tearing him away. They keep it warmed for the babies and it has a couple of little sprinkler areas as well and the little ones just love it.

They also have a toy lending program where you can check out little backpacks of toys for free to take back to your cabin and you can switch them out for new ones as often as you wish. We got him a couple of different packs and he was thrilled with simply playing with the toys on the balcony while we enjoyed our view.

They also have a well stocked playroom for playtime with other kids if you don't want to leave him in the nursery. Parents need to be present but there's lots for them to play with and it is absolutely free to use.

As for the other areas, all of the staff was fabulous with him. They fawned all over him and treated him like a little prince. He was openly welcomed in the MDR and had a great time. There are several parades which he will also probably love.

Long story not so short - our son loved his time on Allure. We took our eldest on Oasis as well when he was 18 months and he also had a great time. And we are booked again for Allure this February with them as well. So, definitely, don't let his age stop you from enjoying this beautiful ship. You will all have a great time and it is at least in my opinion one of the best choices out there for a vacation with kids that young!

Hope this helps!!

^^Thank you PP for your info.

I am soooo close to pulling the trigger on a cruise for our family. I have found a pretty good deal and the timing is right on an upcoming cruise on the Allure. We would be taking a 19 month old so this info is hand. Thank you.

[quote name='kalisha']hello,

We are deciding whether we should take a 7 day cruise on Allure the week after thanksgiving this year with our 14 month old. I was wondering do you get your money's worth and are there activities for this age range, can they use the pool or do they have a pool for babies in diapers, and is child care free or is there a service charge. thank you in advance.[/quote]

not a whole helluva lot.

if not FULLY potty trained they cannot go into any pools or hot tubs. the splash zone only(if applicable)

the nursery has an hourly fee( and is not always open) and there MIGHT be in room sitting available for a higher fee

basically you will have to entertain them. at the possible expense of your enjoyment

lots of parents bring a blow up pool and fill it so their kids can splash on theior alcony or in an out of the way spot on the pool deck

We took DD on her first cruise when she was 16 months old. We were on a ship without a nursery (just some toddler plAygroup type activities) and still had a great time. It is entirely different than sailing as a couple, but it is still a vacation.

For us having family time and not having to cook/clean/commute/go to work is still a great treat. On the other side, we didn't make it through a single show or get to spend any time at the pool and I spent plenty of time wandering the decks with our newly-walking DD. We did do a bunch of fun tours, lovely beach days, and got through 5-course dinners every night (our kiddos enjoy their food!).

We were on the Oasis in May with our daughter, son-in-law and our 12 month old granddaughter. Our daughter used the Royal Babies and Tots nursery part of each day and it worked out well for them. It was open all day most days and was open late at night. The baby liked it there and they took good care of her. She tried to have Gia with us at dinner, but it was too long for her, so after the first night, she fed her in the Windjammer and the baby was at the nursery during dinner. Gia loved the splash pool. They had her with them off and on during the day and it worked out for them. They had time for themselves, too.

The staff in the nursery and our cabin attendant all loved the baby.

Gia liked the backpacks with toys and the small packets of cookies they gave her. Our daughter and son-in-law had a good cruise, it was just different from previous cruises because the baby was with them. She in some ways made the cruise even better.