Galveston parking & hotel

Freezerburnt

I went through some old threads about this subject and looked up some of the hotels, and a couple were shut down. I even tried to post in the old threads and never got a response so hope to get a little advice from some veteran cruisers. I would like to know about where to park in Galveston. I see some people have used the hotel parking before, any suggestions about that? Is there any one parking over another, or are there multiple places to park? I just want to be able to board with the least amount of confusion possible so any help and suggestions are appreciated.

https://www.hotelnparking.com

The above link should help you to find a hotel and place to park.

Otherwise google Port of Galveston parking - there are some pay lots that are like $7 per day and they are secured, unlike a hotel parking lots where you have to hope your car won't be broken into.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

Did you look on the Gulf Coast Departures board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414

Edit: I see you have posted on the Gulf Coast Departures board, and got 43 replies! Did you see those?

Ya, I was just posting a reply to an existing thread trying to get more updated info and I was the last to post. I was trying to look up a lot of the info they gave on there but it was a little out dated so I was just trying to get something to help narrow my search. That hotelnparking was useful. I'm not sure what I will do yet but I think I would feel better about my car in a secure parking lot

But we have used EZ Park and the parking at the cruise terminal a couple of time without any issues. My fav though is Holiday Inn on the Beach. They had free cruise parking, free shuttle service to and from the terminal and rates were very reasonable in the winter offseason. Plus it is near great places to eat and only a mile or two to WalMart.

I went through some old threads about this subject and looked up some of the hotels, and a couple were shut down. I even tried to post in the old threads and never got a response so hope to get a little advice from some veteran cruisers. I would like to know about where to park in Galveston. I see some people have used the hotel parking before, any suggestions about that? Is there any one parking over another, or are there multiple places to park? I just want to be able to board with the least amount of confusion possible so any help and suggestions are appreciated.

Have you checked w/Hotel Galvez & The Harbour House?

Stay there, and the parking & shuttle are free.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn (good choice) and the Hilton (a little more upgrade) had good stays at both, no problems, with the parking, shuttles run on time (no charge for the shuttle or parking if you stay at least 1 night.

have fun.