Can't wait!!!!

It warmed me also this morning too. Thinking 16 days. 16 days. 16 days. As I watched the snow flurries in Naperville. Lol

Debbi

S

Hi - I'm from Naperville as well. 25 days for us until our Dec cruise. Got off the Allure 10 days ago and this cold weather is going to make it a LONG 25 days to wait for the next cruise.

Have a great time on your upcoming cruise.

Hi - I'm from Naperville as well. 25 days for us until our Dec cruise. Got off the Allure 10 days ago and this cold weather is going to make it a LONG 25 days to wait for the next cruise.

Have a great time on your upcoming cruise.

*waves* hey neighbor. Never been on Allure. Any tips ya wanna pass along. We are doing our time dining got all our reservation complete. All shows been book for a few months now.

Got a list with which cables to take and usb charging cube so rdy it was NEG 8 this morning with wind chill. That's a bit nippy for end of November

Debbi

Sent from my LG-3g using Forums mobile app

*waves* hey neighbor. Never been on Allure. Any tips ya wanna pass along. We are doing our time dining got all our reservation complete. All shows been book for a few months now.

Got a list with which cables to take and usb charging cube so rdy it was NEG 8 this morning with wind chill. That's a bit nippy for end of November

Debbi

Sent from my LG-3g using Forums mobile app

Here are my Allure tips (some not just Allure). Most are food related.

1. Go to WipeOut Cafe for breakfast. Nice small breakfast buffet (eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, french toast) and a made to order egg / omelette station. The omelettes are great.

2. If you have any picky eaters with you and you want them to enjoy a specialty restaurant, go the day before and ask special order a meal. Our son is a picky eater so when we go to Giovanni's Table, we go the day prior and ask them to make a simple chicken alfredo pasta for him.

3. Park Cafe (in Central Park) is a great place for a quick breakfast / lunch. Breakfast has a made to order bagel bar, "egg mcmuffin" sandwiches, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal. Lunch has a made to order salad bar, carved beef sandwiches, grilled panini's, quesadillas.

4. If you are not going to use any of the items in the fridge, at the beginning of the week ask to have them removed. Gives you a fridge to use but also prevents false charges from showing up. We had a charge for something used in the fridge but we never opened it. Wasted 30-45 minutes at guest services to get it removed. It also keeps one more person out of your stateroom. Otherwise someone from the bar staff comes into your room during the week a few times to check for items used / billing. I prefer to have less staff entering my room when I am not around.

5. Samba grill: we enjoyed this (Brazilian steakhouse) but it is a LOT of food. 9 different types of meat. Eat a very small lunch if you do this.

6. Chops was okay. Best appetizer we had was the bacon (more like a small steak of bacon).

7. I mentioned Giovanni's above... it was our first time ever doing Giovanni's as we always heard mixed reviews. It was one of our favorite meals.

8. Sorentos Pizza: I liked the special order pizza station. They rotate the ingredients at the station. If they don't have an ingredient you want, ask if they have it available.

9. If you don't already have them, buy some towel clips to keep your towel, shirt, cover-up from blowing away. You can find them on Amazon for a few $$.

10. Get to the AquaTheater shows early. There are 2 types of seats... sling chairs with backs and then a hard wooden bench. The sling chairs fill up fast.

If you have anything specific, just ask.

1. Go to WipeOut Cafe for breakfast. Nice small breakfast buffet (eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, french toast) and a made to order egg / omelette station. The omelettes are great.

2. If you have any picky eaters with you and you want them to enjoy a specialty restaurant, go the day before and ask special order a meal. Our son is a picky eater so when we go to Giovanni's Table, we go the day prior and ask them to make a simple chicken alfredo pasta for him.

3. Park Cafe (in Central Park) is a great place for a quick breakfast / lunch. Breakfast has a made to order bagel bar, "egg mcmuffin" sandwiches, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal. Lunch has a made to order salad bar, carved beef sandwiches, grilled panini's, quesadillas.

4. If you are not going to use any of the items in the fridge, at the beginning of the week ask to have them removed. Gives you a fridge to use but also prevents false charges from showing up. We had a charge for something used in the fridge but we never opened it. Wasted 30-45 minutes at guest services to get it removed. It also keeps one more person out of your stateroom. Otherwise someone from the bar staff comes into your room during the week a few times to check for items used / billing. I prefer to have less staff entering my room when I am not around.

5. Samba grill: we enjoyed this (Brazilian steakhouse) but it is a LOT of food. 9 different types of meat. Eat a very small lunch if you do this.

6. Chops was okay. Best appetizer we had was the bacon (more like a small steak of bacon).

7. I mentioned Giovanni's above... it was our first time ever doing Giovanni's as we always heard mixed reviews. It was one of our favorite meals.

8. Sorentos Pizza: I liked the special order pizza station. They rotate the ingredients at the station. If they don't have an ingredient you want, ask if they have it available.

9. If you don't already have them, buy some towel clips to keep your towel, shirt, cover-up from blowing away. You can find them on Amazon for a few $$.

10. Get to the AquaTheater shows early. There are 2 types of seats... sling chairs with backs and then a hard wooden bench. The sling chairs fill up fast.

Thank you. I was gonna do the towel clip thing. Is this for balcony cabins or on deck.

Do they have a place for wet suits in bathroom shower or should we put them on chairs on balcony to dry.

We have a board walk balcony view. What level is secret back balcony on that over looks ocianaira. Etc?

Srarbucks

Do they accept just starbucks gold cards or phone apps. And Do they honor the free refills on coffee and tea?

The balcony over bridge. How do you get to it??

I will have them empty the cooler in room when we get on. I agree have had charged before But was easily removed when we explained. But don't need hassle of this on vacay.

Thanks for tip about shows. And chairs. Hubby has a bad back So chairs with backs will work well. How long before shows can you show up if you have reservations?

How long before show can we get in line for Chicago. Its our Favorite musical and was the 1st one we saw before getting engaged. So kinda special. WS thinking about a balcony seat. But your thoughts.

Is the royal replenish package with it. Just soda? Like you don't have to bring your cup to dining room or to shows to get drinks. Do they just bring you one? And Do they charge you if you Do( gratuity)

I'm so excited 2 weeks from right now we will be at O'hare getting rdy to leave.

Debbi

Sent from my LG-D851 using Forums mobile app

Is wipe out grill free for breakfast?

Is central cafe free?

Is sorentos free for pizza?

Trying to figure out which restaurants we don't have to pay an up charge for. Thanks again..

Debbi

Only the Starbucks on Oasis and Allure accept payment from Starbucks gift cards and phone app.

Good to know since we are on Allure. :)

But do they do refills. Trying to figure out which is cheaper.

Royal replenish card (soda only) or stay around starbucks people watch and get tea.

Is wipe out grill free for breakfast?

Is central cafe free?

Is sorentos free for pizza?

Trying to figure out which restaurants we don't have to pay an up charge for. Thanks again..

Debbi

Yes - all of those are free.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you. I was gonna do the towel clip thing. Is this for balcony cabins or on deck.

Do they have a place for wet suits in bathroom shower or should we put them on chairs on balcony to dry.

We have a board walk balcony view. What level is secret back balcony on that over looks ocianaira. Etc?

Srarbucks

Do they accept just starbucks gold cards or phone apps. And Do they honor the free refills on coffee and tea?

The balcony over bridge. How do you get to it??

I will have them empty the cooler in room when we get on. I agree have had charged before But was easily removed when we explained. But don't need hassle of this on vacay.

Thanks for tip about shows. And chairs. Hubby has a bad back So chairs with backs will work well. How long before shows can you show up if you have reservations?

How long before show can we get in line for Chicago. Its our Favorite musical and was the 1st one we saw before getting engaged. So kinda special. WS thinking about a balcony seat. But your thoughts.

Is the royal replenish package with it. Just soda? Like you don't have to bring your cup to dining room or to shows to get drinks. Do they just bring you one? And Do they charge you if you Do( gratuity)

I'm so excited 2 weeks from right now we will be at O'hare getting rdy to leave.

Debbi

Ok - lots of question.

Towel clips would be helpful both at the pool deck and on your balcony. Just don't hang things on your balcony chairs that would be seen / distractions to others.

Our outside balcony had a couple of hooks in the shower to hang a suit or 2 but I missed the larger bathroom / tub of a suite (been spoiled on suites lately).

I believe the "secret" balconies are on decks 11, 12, and 14 at the back (aft) of the ship on each side. Visited them once. Very secluded, but far from everything.

Deck over the bridge is on deck 14 port side all the way forward.

I would get to the Aquatheater shows 30-45 minutes in advance to get the more comfortable seats.

For Chicago (and all shows) I believe they open the doors 45 minutes prior to the show. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Your Seapass card will show you have a drink package so no need to bring a cup to the dining room. The cup has to be used with the Freestyle machines or can be filled at any bar. But if you don't have the cup with you just show your Seapass card and you will get a drink in a glass. If you are at the pool or at a show, just show your card and they will bring you a drink. You don't have to tip but I always bring a bunch of singles so I can give them something for saving me a trip to get a refill.

I believe someone answered your Starbucks question - I did not buy anything there.

Happy travels!!!

Edited by thrifty99

Ok - lots of question.

Towel clips would be helpful both at the pool deck and on your balcony. Just don't hang things on your balcony chairs that would be seen / distractions to others.

Our outside balcony had a couple of hooks in the shower to hang a suit or 2 but I missed the larger bathroom / tub of a suite (been spoiled on suites lately).

I believe the "secret" balconies are on decks 11, 12, and 14 at the back (aft) of the ship on each side. Visited them once. Very secluded, but far from everything.

Deck over the bridge is on deck 14 port side all the way forward.

I would get to the Aquatheater shows 30-45 minutes in advance to get the more comfortable seats.

For Chicago (and all shows) I believe they open the doors 45 minutes prior to the show. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Your Seapass card will show you have a drink package so no need to bring a cup to the dining room. The cup has to be used with the Freestyle machines or can be filled at any bar. But if you don't have the cup with you just show your Seapass card and you will get a drink in a glass. If you are at the pool or at a show, just show your card and they will bring you a drink. You don't have to tip but I always bring a bunch of singles so I can give them something for saving me a trip to get a refill.

I believe someone answered your Starbucks question - I did not buy anything there.

Happy travels!!!

Thank you so much for the Reply and the info!!

Debbi

Good to know since we are on Allure. :)

But do they do refills. Trying to figure out which is cheaper.

Royal replenish card (soda only) or stay around starbucks people watch and get tea.

I don't know for sure, but I cannot recall anyone mentioning refills.