anyone just got off brilliance

sweettara

Well looks like there is lots going on during the day, so I guess it all really depends on how many people show up and participate in these acitivies.

Would love to see all 4 or 5 days of the cruise compass as well. I have looked online and the most recent full one I could find was from over a year ago.

I have not been on since her return to Tampa. But I talked to a couple friends yesterday that had just went on the Brilliance and they weren't very thrilled. This couple is typically not negative about the ships, but they said the food was probably the worst of any RCI ship they have been on. They also did say the entertainment was lacking. They aren't big show people, but they enjoy live music. The Schooner piano music was bad and the Centrum had a violin trio that would play. Nothing very up beat.

If this is true, I am a little bummed. I have enjoyed the music in the Centrum while sailing the Enchantment. They are so talented and people can dance. I was hoping for something similar. :)

this is true we were on br nov 8 til 13 this was my 9th on rcl first on br wasn't happy with lack of entertainment

I will be boarding her this Saturday and hope I have good news to report afterward!

Yes please share your experience. We sail in Jan. Would like to know how things are trending since BOS started sailing out of Tampa this season.

My last trip on the 4 day Cozumel out of Tampa was on JOS. The cruise was nice but the entertainment was lackluster. When we finally saw the cruise the director it made so much sense. He was 2 steps away from the morgue. He was dull and not lively at all. It reflected in the quality and quantity of the activities.

So I guess it depends on the cruise director and his activities manager. I am glad they rotate them so i hope we'll have a better experience on that front this time.

It certainly won't keep me from going. Another factor that affects how heavily the activities weigh into our statisfaction is whether we are with a group or not. With a group there is more than enough friends to compensate for lack of quality entertainment. We have a group of 10 couples this time so I am not worried about running out of things to do.

Yeah...10 couples..you will be the party and entertainment!!..lol

I have only cruised the Bahamas and every time was Marc, and he is a great cruise director. Lots going on, funny, lively......and maybe its also the fact its a short Bahamas cruise makes it that way.

I am hoping this will be similar...i like to have fun, lots on the go, and defn don't like to head to bed early when on vacation!!

DD and I were in Brilliance in May and were very much underwhelmed with nightly entertainment. We had 2 stage shows, one of which was not very good at all, and 3 comedians. Just not a lot of variety. The guitarist in the Schooner Bar was wonderful so we spent most of our evenings in there. I will say our cabin steward and all others on board were very good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What about the english pub on board...I see they have music there each evening..is it s celtic style to go with the pub?

I don't care for shows so much...I dont like sitting around doing nothing, but I do hope the starquest lounge is happening latenite!

We did the repo cruise from Boston to Tampa a few weeks ago and thought the entertainment was very good. We also thought the food in the main dining room was better on this cruise than the last few we've been on.

There was definitely things to do late into the evening. We shut the ship down several nights well after midnight. We played pool, and we went to the English pub many nights to listen to the entertainment and play darts. We did not care for the singer/piano player in the schooner bar. She played the piano ok, but her singing was like "bad Karaoke".

We are diamond, and this was one of the best cruises we've been on.

We thought the crew was very good. Our stateroom attendant was awesome. He was right on top of things. Our waiter, and head waiter in the dining room were very good also. We had a mix up the first night with our table (someone else was sitting at it) and my husband has a food allergy. The head waiter took care of the situation and made sure everything was perfect. He really went out of our way to please us.

Edited by kitty1