transportation on St Thomas or St maartin piers?

fourkittys

After recent knee surgury with limited walking distances, my DH can get around the ship (FOS) with the aid of his cane and frequent rest stops. What is offered on the long piers leaving the ship? Cozumel has a tram. Is there anything like this at ST or SM? Will we have to stay on the ship? Thank you.

After recent knee surgury with limited walking distances, my DH can get around the ship (FOS) with the aid of his cane and frequent rest stops. What is offered on the long piers leaving the ship? Cozumel has a tram. Is there anything like this at ST or SM? Will we have to stay on the ship? Thank you.

I have seen golf carts run people back and fort...not sure how you go about using one for assistance...but know I have seen them used for transporting people.

Check with the special needs department at RCL, or guest services once onboard. DW blew out her knee on FOS and they had wheelchairs and carts on the piers to help her get around. The good news is that neither of the piers at STT or STM are very long, so the walk will be about the length of the ship (or less) before you get to the gates and all of the tours and taxis.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I know in St Maarten there is someone or maybe more now that have golf carts that transport people from the ship to either the taxi area or to the water taxi area. At the water taxi there is walking down a gangway of sorts. My DH uses a walker and he is able to do the walk, but when we ry to get a taxi with the walker, it's a long wait.

In St Thomas, I haven't ever seen anything that is helpful for those with trouble walking. If there are a few ships in port, the taxis are a long walk for those with problems. When we have been there it's not been a short walk to the open air taxis because of other ships.

I wouldn't count on the ship's giving you a wheelchair or anything else to help you in port as basically you are on your own. As far as the walk being the length of the ship, don't count on it in St Thomas. It might be longer.