Taxi/Shuttle B2B Port Everglades

toledo_cruiser

Hi all, I posted a similar query on the POC forum but only got one response so I thought I'd try here.

B2B next month on different ships in Port Everglades. Carnival Freedom to HAL Westerdam. I planned on taking a taxi from one ship to the next as it will probably be too far to walk. The respondent thought I might catch some grief as it's a short trip for the taxi and the driver might not want such a small fare. I planned on offering a flat fee such as the driver might make on the airport run. Anyone else run into recalcitrant drivers, or is this not an issue. A cruiseport shuttle would be nice, but I've not seen one. Then again, I've always been focused on catching the first available taxi back to the airport at the end of the cruise. Thanks...

Jim

To offer the driver a flat amount is a good plan or you could have your luggage placed in the trunk, get seated in the back seat and only then tell the driver where you want to go. Be sure to say you plan to tip nicely. The down side is the taxi has to get at the back of the taxi line and wait for the next fare. Of course, they hope for something of a longer ride but they are obliged to take you where you request.

You might just luck-out and have a very short walk, that a porter is willing to do for a good tip. For example if Carnival is at pier 21 or 25 and HAL is at 26 it would be silly (IMO) to take a taxi, as you could do the walk in the time it takes to get luggage into and out of a cab!

Here is a map of the port:

http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/MEDIA/PEG410_Map.pdf

and check https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webclient/public/publicmovements.aspx about a week before to see which piers you will be using.

If you do need to take a taxi, I would definitely negotiate a flat fee before you get into the cab. :)

p.s. - once when we left from pier 29 there was a free shuttle running between there and the mid-port garage, so you might get lucky there too.

Edited by jtl513

Thanks all for the suggestions, especially for the link to the berth locations and the schedules. I will be following that closely. Across the street I can handle. I was afraid the ships might be on opposite sides of the port. (And they still might be)

Jim

Sent from my DROID MAXX

Across the street I can handle. I was afraid the ships might be on opposite sides of the port. (And they still might be)

Carnival often uses pier 19, but I don't know if you can cut through the garage across from 26 or not.

Carnival often uses pier 19, but I don't know if you can cut through the garage across from 26 or not.
It looks like you would walk past the garage entrance, not through it, to get from terminal 26 to terminal 19:

2ziyosx.jpg

Edited by jtl513

We boarded at Pier 26 and disembarked at Pier 4 one time. Took at taxi to Mid-Port Garage, driver not happy about it. but we had no choice.
Was that when they started renovating pier 26? It's pretty rare for HAL to use NorthPort piers.

Edited by jtl513

• 4 weeks later...