NCL Breakaway Haven Suite Review | Lots of Pictures

brian99

Great pictures, thank you posting all of them, I enjoyed looking at all of them. The second bathroom makes sense to me. If someone is sleeping and someone stays up then you wouldn't have to go through the bedroom and disturb the person sleeping if you need the bathroom.

Edited by cruzsnooze

Thanks for sharing your awesome pictures. We love the Breakaway and will be sailing in a suite again in June can't wait. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of camera were you using. Your pictures are so perfect.

Thanks... I brought three cameras. My main camera is a Canon T2i (DSLR) with a 15-85mm lens, I don't like carrying it around since it's big so only the pictures from our room were taken with that one. A couple years ago I started bringing a tripod whenever we go away. I don't carry it around but it's nice to take photos of my wife and I every day, before that I have very few photos of the two of us on vacation (or the whole family when we bring the kids). Whenever we left the room I took my Canon S95 (point and shoot) and when we were going to the beach I took my waterproof Olympus TG-820. Both of my Canon's shoot RAW and I adjust the levels in Lightroom to get the lighting right.

Day 3(Florida):

Here's a time lapse of us arriving at Port Canaveral. The battery died in my camera so it cuts off before we dock:

We took the shopping shuttle which drops you off 2 blocks from the beach. The pier is about a mile north so we walked there for lunch. Cocoa beach is beautiful and the weather was perfect but we did see a lot of jelly fish, both in the water and on the beach.

We cannot wait until our first NCL cruise on the Breakaway in August. We are in a forward suite- if we can get a great deal we would consider upgrading to a aft suite- but we are still thrilled to be able to sail on this ship and in the Haven!

Thanks for sharing!

Day 4 (GSC):

Great Stirrup Cay was by far my favorite port. We had breakfast in the room and went down around 10:30 to get a tender. There wasn’t much of a line but we were one of the first few people on that tender so we sat about 10 minutes before it was full and we could leave. The beach closest to the dock was crowded but if you walked a little further there were plenty of available loungers, even in the front row. The beaches are beautiful with lots of soft white sand and the water is crystal clear, a little too clear for my wife since we were able to see a sting ray and some big fish while standing in 3-4’ of water (see pics below). The area between beaches is rocky but there are plenty of paths. After a few hours we took a tram to the lagoon which was almost deserted, most of the loungers were open and there was a bar and grill just steps from the beach. We spent a few hours hear before heading back to the ship.

We watched fireworks from our balcony, here’s a short video and some pictures. My wife dragged our room steward out on the balcony to see the fireworks for a minute, you can hear their conversation in the background, oops. The show lasted about 5+ minutes and wasn't too impressive but what do you expect from a cruise ship.

Day 5 (Nassau):

We decided to get a day pass for Sandals while in Nassau. They charge $110 if you book 24 hours in advance or $125 day of. After getting off the ship we grabbed a taxi, it was about a 15 minute ride and cost $15. Initially my credit card was declined, next time I’ll call my card company to let them know I’ll be out of the country, it took about 15 minutes but eventually it went through. Sandals is a beautiful couples only resort. The day pass includes all the amenities they offer including non-motorized water sports and unlimited food and drinks. The beach by the hotel is beautiful but a little small. Every hour there’s a boat that takes you to their private island (10 minute ride), that’s where we spent most of the day. The beach was beautiful and almost deserted, food was great and the drinks were strong, what more could you ask for? I forgot whether we needed to be back on board at 4 or 5 so around 3 we took the shuttle back to the main land and got a taxi back to the terminal.