Golden Princess Drydock Schedule 2015

LastUsernameEver

I am sailing on Golden Princess from San Francisco in 5 days, Friday May 22, 2015. Happy to take and share pictures of the ship if people are interested. The Caveat is that I am brand new to cruising other than a mini mexico a decade ago.

Just let me know what You would like to see and I'll try to help out - provided that I can find my way back to this thread.

PS any suggestions on where to go to maximize the cruise are appreciated. I'm a very naive nubie and this was scheduled by my wife for me to take with my 20 year old son and 18 year old daughter. We have done zero preparation.

Thank you

pS. What is a BVE ?

BVE stands for Bon Voyage Experience. On some cruises out of US ports Princess offers the BVE which allows you to board the ship early, around 10:30 - 11 am, a boarding photo which is yours to keep, usually a short tour of the ship, lunch in one of the Main Dinning rooms including a glass of wine. On one BVE we were shown a suit. You can visit any area of the ship just like the other passengers boarding. You must be off the ship by 3 -3:30 pm. There is a charge of $39 per person and if you book a new cruise within 90 days you get the $39 back as a credit on your cruise cost. If you have friends that sign up for the BVE on the day of your cruise you get to board early with them. It's a good and fun way to see a ship especially if you have never been on that ship. The only downside is having to leave the ship.

Tom:)

I am sailing on Golden Princess from San Francisco in 5 days, Friday May 22, 2015. Happy to take and share pictures of the ship if people are interested. The Caveat is that I am brand new to cruising other than a mini mexico a decade ago.

Just let me know what You would like to see and I'll try to help out - provided that I can find my way back to this thread.

PS any suggestions on where to go to maximize the cruise are appreciated. I'm a very naive nubie and this was scheduled by my wife for me to take with my 20 year old son and 18 year old daughter. We have done zero preparation.

Thank you

pS. What is a BVE ?

Welcome to Cruise Critic. :)