Connection times @ ORD

hawk/hornfan

I look for flights everyday for our Sept 2015 Hawaii cruise. The return flight from HNL I already have decided just not booked yet. The flight I really would prefer to fly to Vancouver is from MLI- ORD-YVR on UA. However the preferred flight has a 46 min. connection time. I am thinking of flying Business class. My fears are 1)missing the connection and not getting business class seats if we do the next flight and 2) being late to the gate for check-in and losing business class seats. It is a mid AM flight so there would be 2 flights left that day. We are flying in 2 days early. MLI-ORD is only 54 min flight. My question is, is a 46 min connection cutting it too close.

Here is the fare construction per ITA Matrix: MLI UA X/CHI UA YVR Q7.50 564.00VA3FN USD 571.50 END ZP MLI ORD XT 42.86US 8.00ZP 5.60AY 9.00XF MLI4.50 ORD4.50

That is a really tight connection. Even if everything goes right,there's so many factors that can come in to play to disrupt everything. You'll be first of the plane if you fly business (domestic first). If the price difference isn't too big, I'd go with the later flight if you don't want to stress. Of course, I don't know how experienced of a flyer you are, but I'm kind of paranoia when it comes to connecting times.

I fly through ORD a few times a year and am worried any time my connection is less than an hour. Even when I know my arrival/departure flights are in the same concourse it seems that an hour is the minimum amount of time given how often flights are delayed.

Check and see if your arrival/departure are normally in the same concourse. If so and you feel comfortable with your backup, go ahead. If not, just choose one of the backup flights as your primary and relax a little.

• 2 weeks later...

I rarely have had a connection at ORD which leaves on time!

We are very often delayed in arrival at ORD. Our flight from there to YVR did indeed leave on time & if arrival been just 10 minutes later we would have missed the ship.

I feel your connection is far too close.

Steve