You best tips Oasis/Allure

I haven't sailed Royal Caribbean for many, many years. My last 11 cruises have been on Princess. I really like Princess but I'm ready to try something new. I liked Royal Caribbean when I sailed them.

I would love to hear any tips you have on these two ships. It could be anything from cabin choice to info on dining packages, etc.

Deck 14 aft, reach it via the jogging track or stars on each side of the Aqua theater. Nice quiet place to relax/read (as long as there are no shows in the Aqua theater).

Royal sells dining packages that include multiple speciality restaurants for a discount. Good deal if you planned on trying multiple ones.

First night likely has discounts on some speciality restaurants but you must reserve in advance on their website. Read the solarium bistro menu carefully as that restaurant isn't for everyone.

20 minutes early is usually enough the get front row/close to it in any show.

Book comedy shows asap as they will fill up. Or show up early and get in standby, but I really recommend reservations as the club is small.

If you like acrobats, sit in the middle if the promenade during the big parade. You'll see a metal ring in the ceiling near there, that is where they hang the acrobat gear. Get there at least 20-30 minutes early if you want to grab chairs and sit during the show.

I eat breakfast and lunch at park cafe most of the time (deck 8 Central Park). Limited selection, but good (especially roast beef sandwiches at lunch).

I prefer cabins between decks 8 and 15 as I visit those decks the most on sea days. There are plenty of elevators so I would not worry about how far you are from them.

Like tanning "in peace"? Take the left stateroom corridor on deck 14 to reach the forward deck. Plenty of chairs, scopes, and not very busy. You can see this deck from the Solarium (16+ area) on 15.

Like the Solarium but want some shade and to be close to a bar? Head to the upper deck portion (on 16). Usually quieter there too. This is my favorite area to catch a nap.

Want to see the heli-pad but aren't invited to the private sail away party? They often hold some yoga classes there.

My 2 cents anyway.

Edited by JasonV1

We loved the shows and recommend you book them early to get the times you want. We had a boardwalk balcony and loved it but missed the full view ocean , so will get an ocean view balcony on our Oasis cruise this Jan. We had great food in the the Park Cafe and the Solarium Cafe and they weren't nearly as crowded as the Windjammer, esp on embarkation day

Get a crown loft suite!!!!

If only.:D:D:D

Deck 14 aft, reach it via the jogging track or stars on each side of the Aqua theater. Nice quiet place to relax/read (as long as there are no shows in the Aqua theater).

Royal sells dining packages that include multiple speciality restaurants for a discount. Good deal if you planned on trying multiple ones.

First night likely has discounts on some speciality restaurants but you must reserve in advance on their website. Read the solarium bistro menu carefully as that restaurant isn't for everyone.

Book comedy shows asap as they will fill up. Or show up early and get in standby, but I really recommend reservations as the club is small.

If you like acrobats, sit in the middle if the promenade during the big parade. You'll see a metal ring in the ceiling near there, that is where they hang the acrobat gear. Get there at least 20-30 minutes early if you want to grab chairs and sit during the show.

I eat breakfast and lunch at park cafe most of the time (deck 8 Central Park). Limited selection, but good (especially roast beef sandwiches at lunch).

I prefer cabins between decks 8 and 15 as I visit those decks the most on sea days. There are plenty of elevators so I would not worry about how far you are from them.

Like tanning "in peace"? Take the left stateroom corridor on deck 14 to reach the forward deck. Plenty of chairs, scopes, and not very busy. You can see this deck from the Solarium (16+ area) on 15.

Like the Solarium but want some shade and to be close to a bar? Head to the upper deck portion (on 16). Usually quieter there too. This is my favorite area to catch a nap.

Want to see the heli-pad but aren't invited to the private sail away party? They often hold some yoga classes there.

My 2 cents anyway.

Great tips! Thank you. Are there any standard balcony cabins that have larger balconies than others? I'm asking because on Princess there is one full deck of standard balcony cabins that have balconies twice the size of others and at pretty much the same price.

The humps do, but of course they are harder to get (and also a different category that is sometimes more expensive, namely a D1 balcony). The deck plans show you which have larger balconies (such as http://www.cruisecritic.com/oasis-of-the-seas-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=368&deck=14 - purple are D1's and are drawn with the larger balcony).

It never hurts to watch for last minute (pay) upgrades to a JR suite, which will also have a larger balcony (many of these cabins are on the "other" hump). Watch prices up until a few days before your sailing and see if they drop to a price you are willing to pay.

Others may know of a few secret larger balconies, if such things exist. Royal knows what they are doing with regard to balcony demand so I would expect any cabins like that to be priced accordingly.

If only.:D:D:D

Great tips! Thank you. Are there any standard balcony cabins that have larger balconies than others? I'm asking because on Princess there is one full deck of standard balcony cabins that have balconies twice the size of others and at pretty much the same price.

Edited by JasonV1

... Are there any standard balcony cabins that have larger balconies than others?...

D1 balcony staterooms on thr part of the ship that extends out (hump) from the side. They are not twice as large as the other "D" type staterooms, but they are significantly larger.

Edited by clarea

I think the Deck 14 aft will no longer be available to the public due to the new Grand suites.

My 2 cents anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That was my mistake, I meant deck 3 aft (which is where the jogging track is). So I escribed it correctly, but named the wrong deck.

I left out those public balconies in my tips list (which are still on Allure of course) since the poster might choose Oasis (or post-refit Allure).

I think the Deck 14 aft will no longer be available to the public due to the new Grand suites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That was my mistake, I meant deck 3 aft (which is where the jogging track is). So I escribed it correctly, but named the wrong deck.

I left out those public balconies in my tips list (which are still on Allure of course) since the poster might choose Oasis (or post-refit Allure).

For the benefit of those who might be confused, the jogging track is on deck 5.

Just got off the Allure this morning. Had a fantastic time.

We avoided the windjammer the whole week after walking around with our breakfast plates for 10 minutes the first morning. There is a free breakfast at johnny rockets. We also has breakfast and some lunches at park cafe. A nice variety of food is offered there.