Back at Sea Again ~ Liberty of The Seas 4 Day Western Caribbean ~ Photo Review

mpoole3

Thanks for such a detailed post. As a new cruiser (on LOS 2 weeks today), it really has me provided me with great information and thank you for the time you put towards creating it. Forums such as this are such a valuable tool when researching a vacation.

One question that maybe someone can answer.....we are a family of 5 and all we want to do is 'hang out on the beach' for our day in Cozumel. I don't really want to pay the $95 / person for an all inclusive beach experience. I would be happy to pay as we go for any drinks/food we do consume which will not be anywhere near the $500 price tag for the outings posted on the cruise line or even the $250 for the place that was written about in this post (Nachi?). Are there any public beaches near the port that anyone can recommend? Or hotel beaches (not all inclusives)?

Thanks,

Kathleen.

Thanks for such a detailed post. As a new cruiser (on LOS 2 weeks today), it really has me provided me with great information and thank you for the time you put towards creating it. Forums such as this are such a valuable tool when researching a vacation.

One question that maybe someone can answer.....we are a family of 5 and all we want to do is 'hang out on the beach' for our day in Cozumel. I don't really want to pay the $95 / person for an all inclusive beach experience. I would be happy to pay as we go for any drinks/food we do consume which will not be anywhere near the $500 price tag for the outings posted on the cruise line or even the $250 for the place that was written about in this post (Nachi?). Are there any public beaches near the port that anyone can recommend? Or hotel beaches (not all inclusives)?

Thanks,

Kathleen.

Chankanaab Park. It has a beach with chairs/shade, food & drink (extra charge) and also a pool for your use. You can rent snorkel gear as well. Its not a traditional beach with walk in access though, there are stairs into the water because it is rocky and deep along the shore. But you will see lots of colorful fish. The dolphin swim attraction is also located here so you can watch that too. Plenty of reviews online for this place. We paid around $22 per person and $10 short cab ride from the cruise terminal.

Thanks,

Kathleen.

We are also going on the Dec 20 cruise! For a great beach day with a ton of fun activities, check out Paradise Beach. Not sure how old your kids are but mine are 12 and 15 and love it! Chaakanaab is also beautiful but my kids get bored there without all the inflatables to play with. Chaakanaab would be the best choice if you primarily want to snorkel, though.

Thanks,

Kathleen.

We are a family of 6, we did this http://www.cozumelmexicotours.com/playamiadaypass.html

booked ourselves and took a cab over, it was $60 round trip for cab

Wow, that looks cool! What did you think of it?

we all loved it. We utilized trampoline park, kayaks, pedal boats, and water slides. Water was warm, but was rocky, but we mostly swam out to water park and it was deep so didn't even notice rocks. My kids range from 11-14. We did the all inclusive. If we were to do it again we would just pay for day pass. Food on buffet was nothing special. I would just pack water, eat a big breakfast and hope the kids do not get too hungry lol

I thought your review was great! We are on the 12/29 sailing for NYE and can't wait to get back on LOS! Our first time was back in 2010. She still looks great!

Enjoy Enchantment:-)

Holy Moly! I work really hard on posting these reviews and I'm sorry, but this was MY review to post. Please don't post comments like this on other peoples reviews, because it makes us not want to take the time ever again. Kinda hurt my feelings, sure I'm in my 20's but I work hard and like to reward myself with cruises.

Like! Like! Like!

I thought she was joking when she posted that nasty remark. Then I saw her last few comments & they were all nasty!!!

I thought your review was amazing! :-)

No sports bar's with TV's, however you can often watch games in the Viking Crown Lounge with amazing views of the ocean.

I was on this same cruise. There were also football games and lots of TVs in the On Air club location. I think it was packed Saturday night for a U of Miami game.