Back at Sea Again ~ Liberty of The Seas 4 Day Western Caribbean ~ Photo Review

mpoole3

Thank you so much for the detailed review and great pics. It makes waiting until April for our Easter weekend 4 day cruise on LOTS even more enticing. I am also a "Beer Junky" and am glad to see that there is at least one IPA in the listings. I had pretty much already figured that the Hoof & Claw would be my go-to place, and guarantee that I will know the bartenders by name and they will know mine ;-) We also purchased the Ultimate PKG ;-)

Thanks again for all the pics. I am a Medical Photographer and carry around a Nikon D300s with a few lenses all day long, so the last thing I want to do is carry a Huge camera when I'm on vacation, but I do end up missing the pics I could get with it. Instead a carry a pocket camera (Nikon AW100) that does an OK job, but Not like a "Real" camera would.

Thumbs up to all your great work.

dp

Sadly that's the only IPA the pub carries, I did try a few others while I was there, every night! I would always get a stella draft to go (22OZ Glass!) Often take it to my balcony with pizza at night, the perfect combination.

I've heard about that AW100 camera before and it has pretty good reviews. I need to learn to slow down and take quality shots vs so many shots. You can tell in a few of my pictures I didn't focus well, but I was also trying do take them fast to stay out of the dog house by the lady.

I would always get a stella draft to go (22OZ Glass!) Often take it to my balcony with pizza at night, the perfect combination.

You can tell in a few of my pictures I didn't focus well, but I was also trying do take them fast to stay out of the dog house by the lady.

Both of those are excellent strategies. I also find it annoying that no matter how many pictures I take for my day job, I still find a way to take a few crappy ones at home.:(

Any how, the abundance of great pics in your reviews far outweigh the few minor flaws that may have snuck in.

dp

Michael,

Loving your review!! That CL is one of our favorites. The view is awesome. It just depends on the cruise as to whether it gets crowded.

We are heading to Nachi in 2 weeks. How was it this time? Also, I am going to get the bubbly promo. Hoping Brilliance lets me fill up at other locations???

Jodi

Michael,

Loving your review!! That CL is one of our favorites. The view is awesome. It just depends on the cruise as to whether it gets crowded.

We are heading to Nachi in 2 weeks. How was it this time? Also, I am going to get the bubbly promo. Hoping Brilliance lets me fill up at other locations???

Jodi

Nachi was perfect like always! It did rain most of the day, but hey that's what the swim up hot tub bar is for right!?

I'll post all my pictures there tonight, I have some really good ones.

Loving your review. Glad they made up for the bad service in the MDR the first night!

Any plans to sail Quantum in the near future?

They made way up for it, wait until you hear what else they did. Well actually TWO more things!

No plans for the Quantum in the near future. I will get around to her someday, but my heart right now is on the smaller ships. They tend to fit my style a bit more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am living through your review. We were on her last year at this time and I am going through withdrawals! Love your photos. We will be on the Freedom for Thanksgiving, but that's not until 2015.

Thanks, I always think about, "this time last year" I was on X cruise... So sad.

Freedom is a great pick, as she is having major dry dock work in January.

Day 3: Cozumel, Mexico.

Today we are spending the day in Cozumel, Mexico, but at Nachi Coco private beach. This is a resort style beach day for $55pp and a $15 taxi ride there and back. This cover includes all you can drink, bottled water, and full menu for lunch. One other perk is they only let up to 100 RSVP per day, so it's never packed. That alone is worth the cost if you ask me!

When you walk in, this is the first thing you see. Many come up get for lunch, but they will also bring it to you on the beach.

IMG_5525_zps2f3d8de6.jpg

The weather was so perfect!

IMG_5527_zpsda89f481.jpg

This is the hot tub, with the pool on the left. Both connected to the bar, so you never have to get out of the pool or hot tub.

IMG_5523_zps7745abc8.jpg

There are a few of these pool side, these are free, but I've never seen anyone one them. They kinda look dirty...

IMG_5524_zpsf820ec85.jpg

They don't open until 9AM, but we were on ship time so we arrived around 8:30am, but they have no problem letting you in, but wont serve you until 9AM. Okay I think I can wait until 9am for a beer!

IMG_5538_zps6851040c.jpg

This place is what I call paradise! I'm headed back in March and there is no question where I'll be spending my day.

IMG_5522_zps41285bc9.jpg

IMG_5528_zps50f6c807.jpg

IMG_5520_zps89e7bb09.jpg

Maybe half the chairs were filled. So nice to just enjoy each other without loud noise.

IMG_5515_zps97f2db7f.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

Maybe I spoke too soon about the perfect weather!

We had two hours of perfect weather and then the rain moved in. No worries you are covered and no water got on us at all. We ended up spending a few hours meeting new friends in the hot tub.

IMG_5531_zps2a336307.jpg

At least we knew they were watching over us good while the storm past.

This bird stayed up here for a few hours drying off his wings.

IMG_5540_zps1e3972fb.jpg

Now the good stuff! Since it was raining we decided to have lunch covered at a table. Their food is really good. I will say they hand you a menu which is full of prices, just ignore that, as everything is included.

IMG_5544_zpsc5f57572.jpg

Around 3:30 we started to head back to the ship. We had a great time here and made quite a few friends by the pool bar. I'm sad the weather didn't turn out so great, but that's okay it's all about having fun and we did.

The Brilliance of The Seas next to Liberty of The Seas.

IMG_5549_zpsbbb7eef8.jpg

A few hours later the Brilliance was trying to leave, but there is always 1 that holds everyone up. At some point he started running when the ship was laying on the horn to come on! I've never understood how this happens. Okay if a tour is running late, but 1 guy alone can't keep track of the time? Perhaps he switch to central time vs ship time (eastern time).

IMG_5556_zps6cda88c6.jpg

Great review as always, Michael! We'll be sailing with "your other girlfriend," Enchantment, for her New Year's cruise. Second time for us with her. Looking forward to an extra special party on New Year's Eve!!

Thanks again for taking us along on Liberty!

Bill

We are just off a HAL cruise and left with 2 passengers being left behind. All aboard was 2:30 with sail away at 3:00. They kept paging these 2 guys and at 3:05 we left. As we pulled away we saw a golf cart come racing down the pier and 2 guys with HAL towels get out, but it was too late. We had already shoved off, and I believe once they do that they are not allowed to go back. The next day was a sea day so somehow these guys in bathing suits had to find their way from St Maarten to Ft Lauderdale. It definitely gave us pause and we decided in the future to at least bring more than just coverups when we leave the ship.

Great review as always, Michael! We'll be sailing with "your other girlfriend," Enchantment, for her New Year's cruise. Second time for us with her. Looking forward to an extra special party on New Year's Eve!!

Thanks again for taking us along on Liberty!

Bill

I love this!!! I read "other girlfriend" and my heart dropped! Who!?

I was actually booked on Brilliance for January, but decided to cancel it. The thought of not going on the Enchantment again was killing me. I'll be sailing on EOS in Jan & Feb if the price is right, while I'm sure it will be last minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have talked about this famous apple pie for years now, with all my cruise friends. If you ever eat at Johnny Rockets, get a single burger to save room for the best desert at sea.

IMG_5378_zps19de7386.jpg

Make sure to try it with cheddar cheese on top if you never have! DELICIOUS!!!

Next stop was the pool deck, and to no surprise the chair hogs were in FULL force at 8:30AM. With the new towel policy not requiring you to actually check them out people were holding even more chairs. I will say, the pool deck staff was doing everything they could to remove them, but honestly they couldn't keep up with all the hogs!

IMG_5352_zps134ce559.jpg

IMG_5355_zpsb8a7d833.jpg

I wonder what would happen if I (being actually present at the time) removed the items on the chair to the lost and found (since there is clearly no one USING the chair)...then settled in for the afternoon. :eek: