Pre-cruise (7-night Tahiti & Society Islands) - 4 or 6 nights in Moorea

A.Emgee

Did you check on their website?

Also if you booked thrown agent have the agent check for you.

On another note take plenty of bread ( ask for day old at breakfast) your 5 year old will love to feed the fish.

I booked directly through Accor Hotels with their 40% off and free breakfast sale last week. I checked on the Sofitel website and could not find any mention of a mandatory meal. However, neither does the InterContinental website and it has been reported elsewhere that their meal is mandatory. As mentioned previously, the Hilton website (and third party websites, such as Expedia) does clearly state that their meal is compulsory (although it is cleverly hidden under the dining section!). I am still waiting to hear back from the hotel directly.

Thanks for the tip about the bread! Are you supposed to feed the fish old bread though?

A more general question: Is the pre-cruise package that PG offers a better deal than trying to piece together your own itinerary?

I did not ask PG about their pre-cruise packages for my specific dates but posts here on Cruise Critic seem to indicate that they cost significantly more than booking independently, but are more convenient due to inclusion of breakfast, use of a day room, and transfers. A bit like comparing apples to oranges.

Edited by A.Emgee

A more general question: Is the pre-cruise package that PG offers a better deal than trying to piece together your own itinerary?

I priced the PG package and found it to be significantly higher than doing it on my own. However, they handle all the bookings and transfers so it's not like it doesn't have added value over doing it yourself. It really comes down to how comfortable you are booking things yourself in an unfamiliar place.

I priced the PG package and found it to be significantly higher than doing it on my own. However, they handle all the bookings and transfers so it's not like it doesn't have added value over doing it yourself. It really comes down to how comfortable you are booking things yourself in an unfamiliar place.

Thanks, that's what I assumed.

Dodged the bullet:

"Bonjour, Ia Orana Dear A. Emgee,

We thank you for your reply.

We are pleased to inform you that the new year’s eve dinner is optional.

Do not hesitate to contact us to make your dinner’s reservation.

We remain at your entire disposal."