Current reviews of Blue Hole tours requested please

heavenlysea

Our tour was from Falmouth and was $55.00 per person...... we paid for our own lunch (light tasting) at Scotchies and got bottled water. I believe it came to around $30.00 for a whole chicken, 1lb of pork. 8 festivals and 8 bottles of water.

Yay! I am really looking forward to our blue hole excursion with Ricardo and Liberty Tours. That review made my day, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yay! I am really looking forward to our blue hole excursion with Ricardo and Liberty Tours. That review made my day, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Once we get unpacked, I am going to write a full review of our trip which will include all of the pictures taken in Jamaica and at the Blue Hole. The guides at the Blue Hole were great with taking pics using my digital camera... a very nice perk, since we didn't have to purchase pictures at the end of the tour :)

Can someone help me with a few questions?

How about taking a taxi from the cruise port in Ocho Rios to BH?

What could my 4 year old non swimmer do there?

Could my 5 year old good swimmer manage BH?

If we go there on our own is there something my mother in law could do there? She doesn't swim? Can she easily walk into the area and sit somewhere? would she have to pay to come in?

Thinking about trying the Blue Hole out when we go In May. We will be traveling with my Aunt that is 65 and also we will have a one year old with us. Those that have been do you see them having any issues as far as say walking and navigating their way to the bottom and just floating in the water while the other group jumps ? Want everyone to enjoy this and worried about them being left out. Thanks !!

Can someone help me with a few questions?

How about taking a taxi from the cruise port in Ocho Rios to BH?

What could my 4 year old non swimmer do there?

Could my 5 year old good swimmer manage BH?

If we go there on our own is there something my mother in law could do there? She doesn't swim? Can she easily walk into the area and sit somewhere? would she have to pay to come in?

I would not recommend taking a taxi and doing this on your own and here's why:

The road to the Blue Hole is very narrow (basically single lane) and the taxi's only take you so far up. Once they drop you off, you have to walk the rest of the way... which I would not recommend, especially with kids.

With regard to a 4-year old non-swimmer, not sure what they would do at the Blue Hole, unless an adult stayed back to hang out in the shallow water to supervise. There are sitting / viewing spots throughout for anyone to watch the action... your MIL, son or whomever :)

Ricardo from Liberty tours sent me an email today quoting $270 for 4 of us ($67.50 a person) for transportation to/from the Blue Hole and entrance fee. He did mention a lunch stop at Scotchies but under what was included it didn't have that cost. So, not sure if the cost is what others have paid.

I just got quoted for 2 people $75 ea which includes transport/blue hole entrance fee/lunch. I emailed him back asking if lunch was included or if it was just the “drive” there. Got a reply saying “Everything is All inclusive transportation + entrance fee + lunch”

I wonder how much they tell you have to buy or so Scotches just give you something? Any one recently experienced this “inclusion”.

I didn’t want to bother him again about it so far out to my trip so hence the post.

I wonder how much they tell you have to buy or so Scotches just give you something? Any one recently experienced this “inclusion”.

We also got the same quote.

Good question. We go in 3 weeks. If your cruise is later I can come back and let you know.

I would just email regarding the inclusion of Scotchies.... he gave us the option of including lunch at Scotchies, so that he could pre-order and have it ready for us upon our arrival. I opted to just buy off the menu when we got there, and we all shared. In the future, I will just do the inclusive, as I completely trust Ricardo's judgment and recommendations. I am going to try and post some pictures of our excursion later today :)

I just returned from a visit to the Blue Hole via Know Jamaica Tours. Let me just say that it was by far the best tour I have done! I just posted a review of my day there in the Jamaica thread! I highly recommend Know Jamaica Tours. He took us to "secret" spots on the island for great views and photos along with anything else we wanted to do that day! give them a try, I promise you will not be sorry!

Will someone tell me how to post pictures in thread... it's been a while :)

You have to upload them to something like Photobucket first and then use the code there to upload to CC.

If you need more detail email me. My addy is under my streaming pics.

I just returned from a visit to the Blue Hole via Know Jamaica Tours. Let me just say that it was by far the best tour I have done! I just posted a review of my day there in the Jamaica thread! I highly recommend Know Jamaica Tours. He took us to "secret" spots on the island for great views and photos along with anything else we wanted to do that day! give them a try, I promise you will not be sorry!

What port? Ocho, MB or Falmouth?

I sent an enquiry to Liberty Tours as no pride quoted on the site. I have been quoted $260 for 2 people from Montego Bay to Blue Hole, admission, lunch & transportation.

I also tried Courtney Taylor& they quoted $90 each plus$10 entry to Blue Hole, not very clear if lunch is included in this price, just states they will stop somewhere for lunch.

These prices seem a lot higher than people on here are being quoted, any suggestions for a cheaper quote.

I sent an enquiry to Liberty Tours as no pride quoted on the site. I have been quoted $260 for 2 people from Montego Bay to Blue Hole, admission, lunch & transportation.

I also tried Courtney Taylor& they quoted $90 each plus$10 entry to Blue Hole, not very clear if lunch is included in this price, just states they will stop somewhere for lunch.

These prices seem a lot higher than people on here are being quoted, any suggestions for a cheaper quote.

The reason it costs more from Montego Bay is because it is farther away.

Cost wise it is always going to be Montego > Falmouth > Ocho Rios when going to the Blue Hole

See map here:

Google Maps Route to Blue Hole

:)

Maybe we will have to look at something different then, it would take mist if the time travelling.

Our cruise is docking in Falmouth but the things I have seen mentioned here on the Montego Bay side of Jamaica are Doctor's Cave Beach and multiple Negril place. There is a place named Rick's in Negril where they do cliff jumping right by the place. You may want to look into it. It looks awesome to me. :)

We were quoted $200 for 2 which includes transportation from Montego Bay, entry and lunch. His pricing seems all over the place.

Yeh I agree, lots of different prices quoted on here from Montego Bay with Liberty. We would really love to go there but given the cost quoted im not sure it would be worth all the travelling.

Ive heard different travel times quoted, 1 hour 45 minutes. Has anyone done this trip and how long has it taken to get there.

Thanks everyone for your replies, it really does help hearing from people who have experienced these trips.

This is what we are doing and what we were told from liberty tours...Cost of Excursion/Tour

$260.00 total for 4 people.

Cost includes Roundtrip transportation + entry fee to the venue.

Ricardo@Liberty Tours Jamaica.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums