Tour guide to El Yunque, any suggestions

Remus2010

Has anyone ever done a tour with Ellis? I have been contacting him through Facebook and was hoping to get some info, if people like his tour to the rainforest. I have hard time finding things on the San Juan PR board because so much of it is for people embarking. Looking for a tour to El Yunque to hike to the falls. Also has anyone been to Rio Camuy Caverns, looked cool in the pictures. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Thanks in advance.

Nicole

WE used Ellis last November and loved him. He picked us up at our hotel, took us to the rainforest, we swam with the fish and fed them, stopped to eat some local food and he delivered us to the cruise terminal. We liked him so much that my daughter and I have another tour booked with him next month when we go to San Juan for a week. If I can answer anything specific, let me know.

Terri

• 4 weeks later...
So what exactly did you do in the rainforest? Was the hiking difficult?

We saw the waterfall, and the observation tower. He took us down another road and he gave us directions to hike a short distance the a swimming hole. He gave us some bread and the fish came up and ate out of our hands. We stayed and swam about an hour. It was really neat and one of the highlights of our trip

Hi Terri,

We are also interested in rainforest tour. We are a group of 5 women. Do you have Ellis contact info and how much is the cost of the tour?

Thanks!

WE used Ellis last November and loved him. He picked us up at our hotel, took us to the rainforest, we swam with the fish and fed them, stopped to eat some local food and he delivered us to the cruise terminal. We liked him so much that my daughter and I have another tour booked with him next month when we go to San Juan for a week. If I can answer anything specific, let me know.

Terri

Hi Terri,

We are also interested in rainforest tour. We are a group of 5 women. Do you have Ellis contact info and how much is the cost of the tour?

Thanks!

I contacted Ellis on his FB site: Tour With Ellis: See the Real Puerto Rico - use search. He was quick to respond and very helpful. We haven't gone on our trip yet, so I can't comment on what he's like.

There were 7 of us and used Carlos at Charlies Custom Tours last April off the Explorer and he was great. I can't say enough about his great tour.

We just booked with them over the weekend. He responded very fast to my questions. Looks like a wonderful tour.

• 2 weeks later...
Did you get back from the Mango Daiquiri tour? We have booked it for June. Just wondering if you enjoyed it or have any pictures! Thanks

The mango daiquiri tour was wonderful. We stopped at the hot springs, Guavate was an experience all by itself (we stopped for the pork-that is where they roast the whole hog) all in all a totally enjoyable day and would do it all over again

20150125_114019.jpg.cc372cdc3758bd85dedb58cef067a418.jpg

FB_IMG_1422845293573.jpg.4f365f899fa4dad8679e008e37bff691.jpg

FB_IMG_1422845280069.jpg.0001f5355e51e801f22d989f332f1fc0.jpg

FB_IMG_1422845259085.jpg.4af19691d4389169c3e4d108203c12e4.jpg

The mango daiquiri tour was wonderful. We stopped at the hot springs, Guavate was an experience all by itself (we stopped for the pork-that is where they roast the whole hog) all in all a totally enjoyable day and would do it all over again

Do you have any pics from the hot springs? I'm glad you had fun. We are booked for June.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

We booked a Rain Forest tour with Ellis based on recommendations on cruise critic and are glad we did. We have an 11 year old who is very interested in science so, he took us to a cave on the way to the rainforest. Cave was really cool except there were many hungry mosquitos! I forgot to bring bug spray so that was a very short stop--lol. The rain forest was beautiful and Ellis was a wealth of information. Not in a standard tour guide rehearsed sort of way but someone who was just sharing information with visitors. We really enjoyed his stories and history that he knew. We didn't make it all the way into the falls as we were exhausted from so many tours we had already done and perhaps a few too many late nights on the ship:) But the walk we did take was beautiful and we did get to see the tower as well as a smaller waterfall. all in all-I would definitely recommend Ellis. His personal tour was just that--personal--no big crowds to wait on, no big bus to climb on--just the 3 of us and him. His vehicle was comfortable for the long ride and he had lots of information to share along the way.

Edited by Funlover33

We booked a Rain Forest tour with Ellis based on recommendations on cruise critic and are glad we did. We have an 11 year old who is very interested in science so, he took us to a cave on the way to the rainforest. Cave was really cool except there were many hungry mosquitos! I forgot to bring bug spray so that was a very short stop--lol. The rain forest was beautiful and Ellis was a wealth of information. Not in a standard tour guide rehearsed sort of way but someone who was just sharing information with visitors. We really enjoyed his stories and history that he knew. We didn't make it all the way into the falls as we were exhausted from so many tours we had already done and perhaps a few too many late nights on the ship:) But the walk we did take was beautiful and we did get to see the tower as well as a smaller waterfall. all in all-I would definitely recommend Ellis. His personal tour was just that--personal--no big crowds to wait on, no big bus to climb on--just the 3 of us and him. His vehicle was comfortable for the long ride and he had lots of information to share along the way.

So glad you had a great time!