Help Deciding between Freedom and Magic

BKJK

We cant decide if we want to go on the freedom for a back to back or the Magic back to back....We can get a Deluxe Ocean View room for 35.00 more on the Magic...Freedom Ocean view room 35 dollars cheaper, We have not been on either ship . Please advise, also is midship Rivera for Deluxe Oceanview ok? We have only had balcony but want to do a back to back and cruise longer and still make the price affordable.

You have done the Dream which is a sister ship to the Magic. Freedom is a Conquest class ship which is a slightly smaller ship but still a wonderful ship. Freedom has had the 2.0 upgrades.

If you are going OV then Rivera deck mid ship is a good location. Very little motion and staterooms above so less noise.

With the itineraries likely the same it might come down to what your family enjoys more on the ship.

Whichever you pick have a wonderful cruise.

I sailed the Magic 3 times and the Conquest 7 times. We just had to make the same decision as you and we picked the Magic. My two Grandchildren 7yo will be going and the waterworks and pools, Seuss at Sea, Camp Ocean, and ropes course on the Magic helped us decide. I did have a hard time giving up Guy's Burgers. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, it would definitely be the Magic, without a doubt. I do love that style of ship, although I don't like having to leave a card in the slot to keep the stateroom lights on. That can make for a suddenly dark shower for you or your roommates, among a ton of other problems that this causes. But the Magic's waterpark, the ropes course, the nice lanai, the oceans plaza, the live music for the shows (which Freedom got rid of), the great illusion show, the late night Mexican buffet on one of the nights (which Freedom got rid of), & the late night burgers & other food (which Freedom got rid of) are among the many things that I feel the Magic has over Freedom. I don't eat burgers on cruises, so the Girls burgers on Freedom is irrelevant to me. I really love that the Magic has not gotten any of that 2.0 stuff. 2.0 is not always a good thing.

Deluxe OV room on Riviera deck is fine. I love the deluxe OV rooms. I had one towards the front on Riviera on Dream. That extra half-bathroom, with 3 adults in the cabin, got a lot of use.

Edited by k2excursion

We really enjoyed the Magic. The ship never felt crowded to us except at breakfast buffet debark day.

And even though there in no Guy's Burgers.... there is the Tandoor Grill which we LOVED. If you like Indian food at all, you must give it a try. It is out on back deck by that pool, hidden away so lots of people never find it. Food is fantastic and menu changes daily.

Been on the Magic and Freedom. Magic is my favorite ship. Freedom is very nice too. Love the Lanai and Red Frog Pub which Freedom does not have. Cloud 9 spa is also a favorite...

Hoping, with three ships in Galveston, we can get some price breaks..:)

Or depending on when you sail...Magic is going into dry dock late winter-early spring 2015 - I believe they will get the 2.0 upgrades then.

I've been on both ships - they are both good choices - I liked the Magic a little better as it seemed to have a little more space and the ropes course and Promenade seemed a little more lively.

You won't choose poorly whichever you decide.