Let the itinerary speculation begin!

trvlgirlmq

Trieste has been a popular first port of embarkation for Carnival's recent ships from its distance to Monfalcone.

Exactly...yet no-one mentioned when I stumbled across this thread recently.

It also gained popularity since the Venice uncertainty...which might now fade since thats all ok now.

By the way if anyone is looking for ways to travel/visit to the UK > Spain or the other way round during their Vista holiday there are now high speed trains that go directly from London to Barcelona in less that 9 hours (stopping in Paris).For us cruise types theres also the longer scenic way which involves Brittany 'cruise ferries' (Portsmouth/Plymouth UK to Santander/Bilbao Spain) then a 8 hour train to Barcelona from port and a 2 hour train to London.

My Spanish friend takes these routes to see her family and loves it. She especially likes the mini overnight cruises between the UK and Spain.

Edited by Velvetwater

By the way if anyone is looking for ways to travel/visit to the UK > Spain or the other way round during their Vista holiday there are now high speed trains that go directly from London to Barcelona in less that 9 hours (stopping in Paris).For us cruise types theres also the longer scenic way which involves Brittany 'cruise ferries' (Portsmouth/Plymouth UK to Santander/Bilbao Spain) then a 8 hour train to Barcelona from port and a 2 hour train to London.

My Spanish friend takes these routes to see her family and loves it. She especially likes the mini overnight cruises between the UK and Spain.

I'll be in the UK prior to the transatlantic. Looking at some mock one-ways from Newcastle to Barcelona for $143. I'm sure it can't be any higher direct from London.

I'll be in the UK prior to the transatlantic. Looking at some mock one-ways from Newcastle to Barcelona for $143. I'm sure it can't be any higher direct from London.

BA/Iberia flights every hour from LHR and not expensive. I often do that when sailing out of Barcelona.

Yeah cheap flights are a plenty but my general hatred of flying and thought of the lovely scenes is a plus for train travel. Not to mention we can cart more goodies back on the train.When you change trains in Paris you have time to spare so some Parisian food is in order too. :D

We always travel is summer too so fares are more whatever you do.