Let the itinerary speculation begin!

trvlgirlmq

Rome port schedule beginning May 11 2016

http://www.portidiroma.it/en/content/ship-arrivals-and-departures#

Calling Tuesdays with a couple of exceptions (May 11 Wednesday, August 22 Monday). There is a rotation of 7 days between calls for 2 weeks and then 14 days for one cycle. Possible 7 day itinerary for 2 weeks followed by a longer itinerary??

Last call is October 18 2016.

Other ports I have checked don't have 2016 available yet but maybe some of our European counterparts know what ports may have posted already. It's not listed on Riviera ports for France and Barcelona and Balearic Islands do not have 2016 up yet.

Happy speculating :D

Us too! If Carnival really does only do 7 night Med itineraries then we will be deciding between the RCCL Venice overnight and the NCL Grand Mediterranean. Royal has more sea days and a newer ship with more kid stuff but NCL hits all the big ports for first-timers like us. Difficult decision ;)

So, a 7/7/14 cycle, finishing in Civitivecchia on October 18. Presumably, depart Rome on the 18th for the Transatlantic. I guess that since Carnival TA repos usually run to 14 or 15 nights, we need to start socking aside about five weeks leave in Oct/Nov 2016 to do the last Med run b2b with the TA. To the planning chart!

So, a 7/7/14 cycle, finishing in Civitivecchia on October 18. Presumably, depart Rome on the 18th for the Transatlantic. I guess that since Carnival TA repos usually run to 14 or 15 nights, we need to start socking aside about five weeks leave in Oct/Nov 2016 to do the last Med run b2b with the TA. To the planning chart!

I don't know if Rome is the embarkation port just that it calls on those dates. Could be Barcelona as they have used that port for the last several Med runs.

Either is just fine by us :D

Just read on FB that Jan 22 is the good oil date for Vista news, so I guess we have a month and a half to speculate as much as we want!

Oh, man the anticipation is killing me! At least I can't make any crack decisions since RCCL won't have their sailings up until lMarch/April.

Mr Heald posted on FB he hoped to bring exciting news today. Could this be the Vista info, now that a port has been found?

Off to search the European port schedules.

An announcement of an announcement date. Typical.

Oh, man the anticipation is killing me! At least I can't make any crack decisions since RCCL won't have their sailings up until lMarch/April.

Oh, I was still hoping for information around New Years. I am very anxious to see what is offered too.

I usually book over the New Year weekend with one of the large cruise only agencies that has a big sale. I booked my Oct sailing on the Serenade of the Seas on Jan 1, 2014 and got a fantastic rate so 2015 isn't out of the question - yet :)

So, I was hoping to see more 2016 itineraries before I decide whether or not to cruise in 2015 (if I see another great deal) :)

Mr Heald posted on FB he hoped to bring exciting news today. Could this be the Vista info, now that a port has been found?

Off to search the European port schedules.

I think his announcement has to do with the cancelled 7 day sailings of Dream and other ships to add longer 10 or 11 day sailings next fall/winter.

I saw the post on his FB page where he specified Jan 22 as the date for Vista news. Someone asked so you would have to scroll through all those questions/comments he gets to find it.

Oh, I was still hoping for information around New Years. I am very anxious to see what is offered too.

I usually book over the New Year weekend with one of the large cruise only agencies that has a big sale. I booked my Oct sailing on the Serenade of the Seas on Jan 1, 2014 and got a fantastic rate so 2015 isn't out of the question - yet :)

So, I was hoping to see more 2016 itineraries before I decide whether or not to cruise in 2015 (if I see another great deal) :)

NCL will probably have summer 2016 Europe up next week while Royal is typically Spring. Looks like Carnival may be smack in the middle!

NCL will probably have summer 2016 Europe up next week while Royal is typically Spring. Looks like Carnival may be smack in the middle!

I'm not opposed to NCL either! I just don't want to sail on the Epic. For some reason it just doesn't appeal to me. Plus I was to sail more than just 7 days since it takes a lot to just get over there!

I have only sailed one time on NCL (Dawn out of Tampa). It was definitely not my favorite cruise but for the Med it is all about the itinerary :)

Edited by LEtue

I'm not opposed to NCL either! I just don't want to sail on the Epic. For some reason it just doesn't appeal to me. Plus I was to sail more than just 7 days since it takes a lot to just get over there!

I have only sailed one time on NCL (Dawn out of Tampa). It was definitely not my favorite cruise but for the Med it is all about the itinerary :)

I agree! That "bathroom" set up is just not my cup of tea. We also want a longer experience to help justify the expense of getting there.

I agree! That "bathroom" set up is just not my cup of tea. We also want a longer experience to help justify the expense of getting there.

I often wonder if the person responsible fot that design is stilling working? Unbelieveable really......

Maybe we will end up sailing on the same ship. It would be good to meet you after all this!

Edited by LEtue

I often wonder if the person responsible fot that design is stilling working? Unbelieveable really......

Maybe we will end up sailing on the same ship. It would be good to meet you after all this!

Like button!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've also checked Malta nothing there for 2016 yet.

I've checked Malta too as well as Barcelona, Dubrovnik, Riviera ports in France. I think I've got a few more checked but my bookmarks are on my work computer and I can't quite recall all of them. I'll keep checking though!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
Port of Gibraltar

Sun 23 Oct 16, 08:00 Carnival Vista

Yay Heather!

Last call in Rome is 18 October so I am really wondering if Civitavecchia will be the emabark port now. I'm actually hoping so because I would love to spend more than just a port day there.

Further speculation on the 7/7/14 Civitavecchia schedule leads me to wonder about doing alternating Western and Eastern Med and then a combined 14 night. This would let people who can't take as much time off work or want to combine sea/land travel do a 7 night voyage. People who want to cover more on sea or are doing that one special trip could do the longer voyage. We shall see in 3 weeks ;)