Carnival Pride Exotic Western Caribbean Review Thanksgiving Nov 23-30, 2014 ***pics**

cojuqui

Connie,

I am so sorry you and your husband got sick on your cruise. I got bronchitis on the Breeze and we had the South Beach excursion and I could not even breathe. I had been looking forward to Aruba for a while, and I laid on the all inclusive beach drinking OJ. My DH got sick on a cruise and took nyquil and slept for two days.

Now you have to go back and have the experience of the ports and ship when you feel better.

I agree about November cruising. We have done 5 Thanksgiving cruises. The weather was never great, but on the last 2 it was especially bad. Plus, then we have to deal with Thanksgiving traffic or ridiculously high airfares. I may cancel the cruise I have booked for Thanksgiving, 2015.

Hi Connie =

Great Review. I am sorry you guys got sick. Even without getting sick, I have to say this was our least favorite of all our cruises. With the cabin issues and their associated lack of addressing issues, causing us to practically miss the first two days of our cruise (Carnivals Fault through and through!) coupled with the missed ports (Not Carnivals Fault) and the lack of activities on the imposed sea days (Sorry Excuse for a Cruise Director) I feel like it was not a great trip.

Wrote a pretty detailed letter to the new president but have yet to get a reply. No action was taken on our cabin issues till we informed them we would cut our losses and take the guarantee and have them fly us home from Cozumel. All through the process the guest services manager was rude and condescending.....till I put him in his place.

We have been pretty loyal Carnival customers for many years, but I think I am going to shy away from them for anything longer than 5 days. We did go on another cruise on the Triumph over New Years and had a great time but five nights was enough.

Happy New Year!

Edited by pcsanity