Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

Different hotel, different travel options. :)

Hotel Twentyseven is located very close to the Stormbroen, Nationalmuseet bus stop.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Stormbroen,+Nationalmuseet/First+Hotel+Twentyseven,+L%C3%B8ngangstr%C3%A6de,+Copenhagen/@55.6753413,12.5729477,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525313e29e3ba1:0xe81a6885d5819900!2m2!1d12.576364!2d55.675874!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525312325915dd:0x51c30a13c1d7e143!2m2!1d12.5726674!2d55.6752919!3e2

Here you have 2 options.

As noted by you its possible to take the metro to Kongens Nytorv and then get bus 1A towards Avedøre st or Hvidovre Hospital or 26 towards Ålholm Plads.

You can also get bus 9A (Rødovre Centrum or Glostrup st.) and 40 (towards Nordhavn) from Christianshavn st (the stop just before Kongens Nytorv) or some other busses from other metro stations but that will probably just confuse you if you got all the options at hand. :D

Or take the Øresundtog train to the central station.

Then either

1A towards Hellerup st. or Klampenborg st.

2A towards Lergravsparken st. or Kastrup st. (not the airport but the town)

9A towards Operaen

26 towards Østerport st, Sløjfen or Færgeterminal Søndre Frihavn

40 towards Refshaleøen

Or you can walk from the central station in 10-15 minutes time.

Again; sincere thank you for all the time you give people with advice. You are marvelous.

From the directions above; can you make the decision for us; choose the easiest way for 65 year old's with luggage to get from Copenhagen airport to First Hotel Twenty seven and how many tickets (zones) to buy at airport.

If some decide to take taxi; does 250 DKK for 4 sound about normal;?

Also to get from this hotel to Oceankaj port; what would be approximate cost per taxi?

Again; sincere thanks.

I gather this is the best place to ask my questions as nobody ever post on a thread I started a few days ago...

We just booked Regal Princess Transatlantic crossing from Copenhagen sailing on Sept 11.

Given our last visit to Copenhagen was almost 4 decades ago, we think we should spend 2 to 3 days in Copenhagen pre-cruise to reacquainted with the city...

We fly in from LHR to CPH on Sept 8, arriving about 6pm. Crowne Plaza confirms hotel has a free shuttle runs at 30 minutes interval on first come first serve basis though I haven't been told the exact schedule and pick up locations. BA e-tickets say we arrive at T2. However Crowne Plaza said after custom we would be in T3??? and at the Tourist Information office the directions to the shuttle are provided. It curtly reminds us that should we we decide not to wait for another shuttle when the first arrived one is full, hotel would not cover any alternative transport costs. I think nobody expects hotel would cover taxi whether it has shuttle or not. The FD reply on the whole does not give warm feeling of being welcomed like other hotels we ever email for info. We are a bit put off by that, not to mention that my husband is IHG's top tier....

We believe we could buy a pass at the airport, or worse, at the metro station at the back of the hotel. We do have the PIN capable credit card to use but still prefer to be able to buy it at the airport with manned desk like in Stockholm.

1) Could DK kindly clarify the above, especially if the pass would also cover the tickets to the Oceankaj on metro/bus combo?

2) One thing I have in mind is, on the day we sail, is it more convenient to go back to the airport on hotel's shuttle, then take the public transportation from airport? My Sister in Law would fly in that day on the same cruise (No, we did not know they also booked the same cruise - apparently both of us caught the recent price drop and decided to sail on this one.) So they would definitely take public transport from CPH to Oceankaj. Therefore the information from Airport to Oceankaj is very much appreciated.

3) I found very little info on this thread on how to go to the City from Crowne Plaza, and then the information on from City to Oceankaj is a bit confusing. Granted, we just booked the cruise on Wednesday so I am still reading this thread.

Very much appreciated if DK or anyone, would kindly give a summary on the above questions.

TIA.

Different hotel, different travel options. :)

Hotel Twentyseven is located very close to the Stormbroen, Nationalmuseet bus stop.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Stormbroen,+Nationalmuseet/First+Hotel+Twentyseven,+L%C3%B8ngangstr%C3%A6de,+Copenhagen/@55.6753413,12.5729477,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525313e29e3ba1:0xe81a6885d5819900!2m2!1d12.576364!2d55.675874!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525312325915dd:0x51c30a13c1d7e143!2m2!1d12.5726674!2d55.6752919!3e2

Here you have 2 options.

As noted by you its possible to take the metro to Kongens Nytorv and then get bus 1A towards Avedøre st or Hvidovre Hospital or 26 towards Ålholm Plads.

You can also get bus 9A (Rødovre Centrum or Glostrup st.) and 40 (towards Nordhavn) from Christianshavn st (the stop just before Kongens Nytorv) or some other busses from other metro stations but that will probably just confuse you if you got all the options at hand. :D

Or take the Øresundtog train to the central station.

Then either

1A towards Hellerup st. or Klampenborg st.

2A towards Lergravsparken st. or Kastrup st. (not the airport but the town)

9A towards Operaen

26 towards Østerport st, Sløjfen or Færgeterminal Søndre Frihavn

40 towards Refshaleøen

Or you can walk from the central station in 10-15 minutes time.

Again; sincere thank you for all the time you give people with advice. You are marvelous.

From the directions above; can you make the decision for us; choose the easiest way for 65 year old's with luggage to get from Copenhagen airport to First Hotel Twenty seven and how many tickets (zones) to buy at airport.

If some decide to take taxi; does 250 DKK for 4 sound about normal;?

Also to get from this hotel to Oceankaj port; what would be approximate cost per taxi?

Again; sincere thanks.

If you go by bus you have more options from the central station compared to Kongens Nytorv station.

The price sounds about right for a taxi, the price to Oceankaj should be in the same range.

I gather this is the best place to ask my questions as nobody ever post on a thread I started a few days ago...

We just booked Regal Princess Transatlantic crossing from Copenhagen sailing on Sept 11.

Given our last visit to Copenhagen was almost 4 decades ago, we think we should spend 2 to 3 days in Copenhagen pre-cruise to reacquainted with the city...

We fly in from LHR to CPH on Sept 8, arriving about 6pm. Crowne Plaza confirms hotel has a free shuttle runs at 30 minutes interval on first come first serve basis though I haven't been told the exact schedule and pick up locations. BA e-tickets say we arrive at T2. However Crowne Plaza said after custom we would be in T3??? and at the Tourist Information office the directions to the shuttle are provided. It curtly reminds us that should we we decide not to wait for another shuttle when the first arrived one is full, hotel would not cover any alternative transport costs. I think nobody expects hotel would cover taxi whether it has shuttle or not. The FD reply on the whole does not give warm feeling of being welcomed like other hotels we ever email for info. We are a bit put off by that, not to mention that my husband is IHG's top tier....

We believe we could buy a pass at the airport, or worse, at the metro station at the back of the hotel. We do have the PIN capable credit card to use but still prefer to be able to buy it at the airport with manned desk like in Stockholm.

1) Could DK kindly clarify the above, especially if the pass would also cover the tickets to the Oceankaj on metro/bus combo?

2) One thing I have in mind is, on the day we sail, is it more convenient to go back to the airport on hotel's shuttle, then take the public transportation from airport? My Sister in Law would fly in that day on the same cruise (No, we did not know they also booked the same cruise - apparently both of us caught the recent price drop and decided to sail on this one.) So they would definitely take public transport from CPH to Oceankaj. Therefore the information from Airport to Oceankaj is very much appreciated.

3) I found very little info on this thread on how to go to the City from Crowne Plaza, and then the information on from City to Oceankaj is a bit confusing. Granted, we just booked the cruise on Wednesday so I am still reading this thread.

Very much appreciated if DK or anyone, would kindly give a summary on the above questions.

TIA.

1) The transfer bus is shared with the AC Bella Sky hotel but its a huge double decker bus so I think there should be room.

But else the train stop next door to the hotel, just 2 stops from the airport.

Is the pass you talk about the City Pass, if yes you can buy if for 24 hours (80 kroner) or 72 hours (200 kroners)

It will cover transportation from the airport to your hotel, between your hotel and the city and from your hotel to Oceankaj (if the hours add up).

You can buy it at the ticketsales at the airport.

Ørestad station is unmanned so here you have to buy it at the ticket machines.

2) The same train for Østerport station stops at Ørestad station so in theory you could just join them on the train or they could get off at Ørestad and meet you there and then take the next train to Østerport.

If you get bus 25 from Nørreport or Østerport or 27 from Østerport its up to you but look here for more info.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048740&page=11

3) Take the Øresund train for central station and Nørreport or the metro for Kongens Nytorv and Nørreport and you are in downtown Copenhagen.

Thanks DK for the answers.

1) Yes I was referring to the 24 and 72 hours passes but the Visitcopenhagen website said this is only available as a download to your phone? So it is not like a physical pass we normally see in other European cities?

Or if buy it at the ticket office at the airport it would be like a physical card?

Does the hour count start from the time of purchase or from the time it is activated when boarding a train/metro/bus?

The regular pass at 130 kroner probably is an overkill. If we cannot get the City Pass then we would just use the single ticket at 24 kroner one-way.

2) On our embarkation day we dont prepare to lug our bags even though just the 21" rollers to town for last minute sightseeing then head for Oceankaj.

So your suggestion of directly going from Ørestad station to Østerport station is appealing whether we meet up with SIL or not. I assume it is the same 24 kroner one-way to Osterport.

Regal sales on Friday, does that mean it would be the regular Bus 26, instead of the cruiseship shuttle bus from Osterport to Oceankaj?

3) When you said "Take the Øresund train for central station and Nørreport" the Oresund is the direction of the train, right?

Are the train and metro station next to each other at Orestad?

Again, thank you so much for helping many people on this thread.

Edited by nho9504

Correct me if I understand it wrong, here is how I understand it after studying the bus situation DK pointed me to.

- If taking the train from Ørestad station (next to Crowne Plaza) to Østerport station (the same train that comes from airport), we will go out on the street at Osterport to find the bus 25, 26 & 27 near the Osterport station.

However I also read about No.25 from Norreport does not stop at Osterport station?

- If going to Norresport first, then the 25 bus station is across street from the Metro platform, almost next to the bus station for No.42/184/185/6A. Then it is straight ride all the way to Oceankaj.

Now the questions boil down to:

1) which option is easier, i.e. the bus station is easier to reach / find?

2) which option has shorter travel time and more frequent services?

Note at Osterport there are 25, 26 and 27. But at Norresport there is only 25?

Thanks DK for clarifying the above.

Thanks Danish Viking ... but I'm still lost!

If you go by bus you have more options from the central station compared to Kongens Nytorv station.

I don't want MORE options; I want the easiest method for group of seniors with luggage ; the no brainer one. Tell us; buy what tickets at airport; then get on what? and get off at ?????; then what? Sorry to be so clueless. Thanks.

I am confused by this site

http://www.rejseplanen.dk/

It tells me I have to take M1 to Kongens Nytorv, change to Bus 26 to Osterport and then change to Bus 27 at Osterport to Oceankaj.

It does not give me the option of train from Orestad to Osterport, then Bus 27 to Oceankaj at all.

So am I searching it wrong? Then I need to search for Train from CPH to Osterport instead?

EDIT

When starting from airport, it tells me to take M2, and still 2 buses connection.

I am lost, as this is NOT the same DK suggested.

Edited by nho9504

Sorry this site does not allow EDIT after 20 minutes.

According to the http://www.rejseplanen.dk/bin/query.exe/en?HWAI=&ld=hicpf&L=vs_newdesign&seqnr=1&ident=nm.015910137.1438387000&ml=m&sortConnections=minDeparture&REQ0HafasScrollDir=2#anchorOutward_0

There are ONLY 2 runs of Bus 25!!! on the date of Sept 11 probably because Regal is the only ship in port.

Not going to work. Either Metro to Kongens Nytorv (København), then Bus 26 to Osterport then Bus 27 to Oceankaj, or Train to Osterport then Bus 27. Need to study the schedule a little bit more to decide. In any case, counting on Bus 25 is TOO RISKY.

It would be so simple to find out had I known about this site to search for transportation options and know what are feasible on the date of departure. Much less confusion as there are literally very few options. :o

Would it make sense to go to Norreport Station and then take the #25 bus? Is that doable with luggage? We can walk a bit with luggage, so I think we could walk to the train, train to Norreport, bus to Oceankaj.

I suggest you check the Bus 25 schedule first by going to this site

Use the Advance Search option and break it down to Norreport to Oceankaj and see how many runs Bus 25 on your date.

On Sept 11 when there is only Regal Princess in port, there are only TWO Bus 25 runs. To me this is too risky, when there are frequent runs of Bus 27 from Osterport.

I believe most of the confusion is caused by too many options available - and none of the mentioning has any timetable affixed. However one must check the schedule to see if an option really is a feasible option.

Use the above site you can check all the possible options and determine which one works best - it is not just whether the station is easy to reach / use, far more importantly is the frequency of your targeted transportation modes. At least to me, this is the most important factor to check first - after all, using public transportation is to save money on a taxi but if the public transportation option turns out to be a very infrequent and scarce service, then should you miss it or the bus stops running for whatever reason, there is no alternative but to take a taxi, versus if you take the option that has very frequent service, then one bus not coming you have another one in 20-30 min the most.

Thanks DK for the answers.

1) Yes I was referring to the 24 and 72 hours passes but the Visitcopenhagen website said this is only available as a download to your phone? So it is not like a physical pass we normally see in other European cities?

Or if buy it at the ticket office at the airport it would be like a physical card?

Does the hour count start from the time of purchase or from the time it is activated when boarding a train/metro/bus?

The regular pass at 130 kroner probably is an overkill. If we cannot get the City Pass then we would just use the single ticket at 24 kroner one-way.

2) On our embarkation day we dont prepare to lug our bags even though just the 21" rollers to town for last minute sightseeing then head for Oceankaj.

So your suggestion of directly going from Ørestad station to Østerport station is appealing whether we meet up with SIL or not. I assume it is the same 24 kroner one-way to Osterport.

Regal sales on Friday, does that mean it would be the regular Bus 26, instead of the cruiseship shuttle bus from Osterport to Oceankaj?

3) When you said "Take the Øresund train for central station and Nørreport" the Oresund is the direction of the train, right?

Are the train and metro station next to each other at Orestad?

Again, thank you so much for helping many people on this thread.

1) its possible to buy it at the ticket machines and at the ticket sales but its valid from when you buy it maybe its best to buy it at Ørestad station next to your hotel if you use the transfer bus from the airport.

2) It seems like you have someold info.

Bus 26 does´t go out to Oceankaj anymore.

Use bus 25 from Nørreport or Østerport or bus 27 from Østerport.

Yes if your city pass has expired then you can buy a 2 zone ticket for 24 kroner, if you meet up at the airport its 36 kroner for a 3 zone ticket.

3) Sorry, the Øresundtog is the name of the train service, destinations are Nivå and Helsingør.

Yes the metro platform is above the Øresundstog platform

Correct me if I understand it wrong, here is how I understand it after studying the bus situation DK pointed me to.

- If taking the train from Ørestad station (next to Crowne Plaza) to Østerport station (the same train that comes from airport), we will go out on the street at Osterport to find the bus 25, 26 & 27 near the Osterport station.

However I also read about No.25 from Norreport does not stop at Osterport station?

- If going to Norresport first, then the 25 bus station is across street from the Metro platform, almost next to the bus station for No.42/184/185/6A. Then it is straight ride all the way to Oceankaj.

Now the questions boil down to:

1) which option is easier, i.e. the bus station is easier to reach / find?

2) which option has shorter travel time and more frequent services?

Note at Osterport there are 25, 26 and 27. But at Norresport there is only 25?

Thanks DK for clarifying the above.

Before the question iI have to correct you on a few points

At Østerport you find bus 25 at street level but you find bus 27 at the Sløjfen bus stop.

So 25 and 27 both stops at Østerport but not at the same place.

Look here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048740&page=11

Bus 25 stops at the same place as 26.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

1) You will find more departures from Østerport so that would be the best station to travel from.

The only advantage from Nørreport is that you will be the amongst the first person on the 25 bus.

2) Østerport is closer to the pier so the travel time from here is shorter compared to Nørreport.

Thanks Danish Viking ... but I'm still lost!

I don't want MORE options; I want the easiest method for group of seniors with luggage ; the no brainer one. Tell us; buy what tickets at airport; then get on what? and get off at ?????; then what? Sorry to be so clueless. Thanks.

Then take the metro from the airport to Kongens Nytorv and catch the 26 and 1A bus and get off at stormbroen, Nationalmuseet.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Kongens%20Nytorv.pdf

I am confused by this site

It tells me I have to take M1 to Kongens Nytorv, change to Bus 26 to Osterport and then change to Bus 27 at Osterport to Oceankaj.

It does not give me the option of train from Orestad to Osterport, then Bus 27 to Oceankaj at all.

So am I searching it wrong? Then I need to search for Train from CPH to Osterport instead?

EDIT

When starting from airport, it tells me to take M2, and still 2 buses connection.

I am lost, as this is NOT the same DK suggested.

Bus 25 doesn´t have any real timetable so thats the reason why Rejseplanen can´t figure it out.

At Østerport you should ignore the 26-27 combo, Just find 27 at the Sløjfen bus stop as I told in the other post.

Timetable for bus 27

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9014200002710000&linegid=9011200002700000&line_name=27#navigate

Timetable for bus 25

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Timetable%20Resources/25-0025-080515-r.pdf

So Øresundstog train towards Nivå or Helsingør from the airport or Ørestad.

Get off at Nørreport to find bus 25.

At Østerport exit through the ticket hall to find bus 25 or use the pedestrian bridge at the far end off the platforms to find bus 27.

Hello Danish Viking,

I hope that you can answer a few more questions for me.

At the ticket machine when purchasing single use 2 zone ticket for my wife and I, is it two transaction or can it be done in one transaction.

Thinking of taking the S Tog from Versterport on Sunday Sept 6 ( Norwegian Star) to Oceankaj.

Since the tickets are for one hour of travel, will it be busy with long line up for the 25 or 27 bus at Osterport or Norresport that our tickets is time out and would require purchasing new tickets from the bus driver.

Also when disembarking and taking the bus to central train station, as exact fare is required can I just put a 50 dkk note into whatever is use take cash payment, don't need any change back.

thanks.

Thanks Danish Viking; I hope you know how much we appreciate you taking time to give us all this free advice.

Sorry to be so clueless but two more quick qurstions:

Then take the metro from the airport to Kongens Nytorv and catch the 26 and 1A bus and get off at stormbroen, Nationalmuseet.

When you say: catch 26 and 1A bus; is this one bus that will have 26 and 1A on it?

For a single transfer; airport to where you told us to get off; we need to buy a single ticket that will cover two zones and the cost is 24DKK. Is this correct?

Sincere thanks

Hello Danish Viking,

I hope that you can answer a few more questions for me.

At the ticket machine when purchasing single use 2 zone ticket for my wife and I, is it two transaction or can it be done in one transaction.

Thinking of taking the S Tog from Versterport on Sunday Sept 6 ( Norwegian Star) to Oceankaj.

Since the tickets are for one hour of travel, will it be busy with long line up for the 25 or 27 bus at Osterport or Norresport that our tickets is time out and would require purchasing new tickets from the bus driver.

Also when disembarking and taking the bus to central train station, as exact fare is required can I just put a 50 dkk note into whatever is use take cash payment, don't need any change back.

thanks.

When I took the bus on my photo guide there was 2 ships at Oceankaj but the bus was probably only 1/3 full or something and I took it around 2 pm (14:00).

One of the ships first departed at midnight so that has probably something to do with it but I have yet to heard about people being left behind when going towards the pier.

On the other direction you can buy the ticket at the town shop kiosk or by the driver.

Thanks Danish Viking; I hope you know how much we appreciate you taking time to give us all this free advice.

Sorry to be so clueless but two more quick qurstions:

When you say: catch 26 and 1A bus; is this one bus that will have 26 and 1A on it?

For a single transfer; airport to where you told us to get off; we need to buy a single ticket that will cover two zones and the cost is 24DKK. Is this correct?

Sincere thanks

That is correct :)

As posted on the map the directions should be Ålholm Plads for bus 26 and Avedøre st. (sometimes Hvidovre Hospital) for bus 1A.

From the airport you need a 3 zone ticket costing 36 kroner.

As we have talked about earlier you can couple together the churches and Kronborg Castle.

Frederiksborg Palace is nearby and is possible to visit on a train trip combined with Kronborg but it will be an all day activity.

It is possible to visit both Amalienborg, the little mermaid, Statens Museum for Kunst and Glyptoteket on a day if you use bus 26.

HC Andersens museum is located in Odense 1,5 hour west of Copenhagen in Odense.

Did I miss anything?

When you have found out what you want to see I can post maps train schedules etc.

A sincere thank you for helping us organize our time and see what is feasible to do during our time in Copenhagen. We will follow your advice on the day we travel to Kronberg Castle, as well as grouping together the sites you listed that are accessible via bus 26 on our other day in town.

We will be in Copenhagen for 4 days next August before our cruise, and are looking for a hotel. Heard about the Absalon, but they are already booked. It would have been about $180(US) per night including breakfast. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike and Sandi

Trivago ... very popular site.

If many are showing no availability; that means; you are checking too early; often only a year before on websites but if you really wanted Absalon; contact them personally; if there are more than 15 - 20 rooms; I'm sure they just don't have prices out yet for the websites but can book directly with them.