Looking for recent Triumph cruisers

Honolulu Blue

I know the Triumph doesn't have a steakhouse (unless they've installed one very recently). I also know that Carnival has introduced having certain entrees from their steakhouse available for purchase in the MDR. My question is are the steakhouse entrees available in the Triumph's MDRs?

Thank you very much for your kind responses.

We sailed back in February so at the time they didn't offer the $20 option in the MDR. But I believe it is offered in the MDR now. It's a shame the Triumph doesn't have a steakhouse, when I first booked it I didn't know and was pretty bummed...but at least they added the option to get a good steak in the MDR now for an extra fee! Would have liked that when we cruised her.

Did any of you recent Triumph cruisers half to deal with fog, arriving late into port, and messing up your return flights? We go the latter part of January and I've been obsessing about that a lot.

Down here near the water, you always have a chance of fog....especially during the winter months (Dec, Jan, Feb and sometime in March)....No way to predict but the chances are high during those months.

Edited by tootsiebit

Did any of you recent Triumph cruisers half to deal with fog, arriving late into port, and messing up your return flights? We go the latter part of January and I've been obsessing about that a lot.

Try not to worry but be prepared for the possible delay. December, January, February, March and I have even experienced delays in early April! Those are high fog seasons for our area.

• 1 month later...

Just came back from the NYE cruise on the Triumph. There are 3 or 4 steaks on MDR menu for a $20 up-charge... do not remember exactly how many; I had the filet and it was very good.

One thing to mention as i was not completely convinced... there is Dr. Pepper on the Carnival Triumph leaving from Galveston; my wife was a very happy camper.

For anyone on the bubbles, i would suggest getting the refillable tumbler. You get a little more when you refill and you can bring it back with you.. also note that for diet coke drinkers, the bars on the LIDO have Diet coke on tap instead of cans if you prefer this... I do.

Edited by shadoweyeone

Yes! Just got off the Triumph on Thanksgiving. My husband had the surf & turf. He said is was worth the extra $20.

We leave tomorrow. Do they still offer the "free" steak and "free" lobster in the MDR? As for the $20 Surf and Turf, what type of steaks and lobster do they offer?

I went on this cruise last year, at the end of January. It was foggy, misty, rainy and cold during departure and for the rest of the first day. Nice hot weather in Mexico, then a repeat of the cold/fog as we returned. I guess your going to get this cruising in January or February.

Edited by gfh77665

We leave tomorrow. Do they still offer the "free" steak and "free" lobster in the MDR? As for the $20 Surf and Turf, what type of steaks and lobster do they offer?

They still have "free" lobster entrée on formal night and "free" flat iron steak every night.

Sailed the Triumph this December and had no fog issues - beautiful weather. Sailed her the November before and didn't board until 4 p.m. setting sail about 9 p.m. due to fog. You never know.