Does the Jade have the new MDR menus yet?

UpTheBanner

Yes they do! We were on the Jade for 25 days in mid October thru Nov. They began easing the new menus in.By the time we finished it was complete.

I experienced both menus on 2 separate Breakway cruises. both menus have good points.

We really enjoyed these menus on the Epic and Getaway. They offer more variety. We are wondering if the new dinner menus are on the Jade? Thanks in advance

Yes. Only the Sun and Spirit or Sky don't have the new menus yet. Forgot which other ship the HD on the Sun told us didn't have new menus yet.

Yes. Only the Sun and Spirit or Sky don't have the new menus yet. Forgot which other ship the HD on the Sun told us didn't have new menus yet.

Most likely Pride of America as that was the fourth ship not getting the menus initially with the rest of the fleet.

The new menus and concepts will be available on most of Norwegian's fleet by July 31, and onboard Norwegian Jade, Norwegian Spirit, Norwegian Sky and Pride of America by early 2015.

I too was on the Jade mid Oct - mid Nov, and was not aware menus were new and according to this NCL press release of July 21, they were not.

We were told that the change was happening as we Sailed. Having experienced both the old and new on other sailing, I can tell you they DID start the new menu. I know they announced A 2015 switch but we were told by a waiter that they were starting on the second week of our sailing. the biggest changes can be noted in the appetizers and desserts. I also noticed fewer fish options which is disappointing.

Edited by Joken35
Duplicate

We Were told that the change was happening as we Sailed. Having experienced both the old and new menus on other sailing, I can tell you they DID start the new menu. I know they announced A 2015 switch but we were told by a waiter that they were starting on the second week of our sailing. The biggest changes can be noted in the appetizers and desserts. I also noticed fewer seafood options which is disappointing but more Starks and macaroni options. the Prime Ribs was wonderful and too large of a potion for all of us at the table but we still managed to finish. Lol

Edited by Joken35

The new menus and concepts will be available on most of Norwegian's fleet by July 31, and onboard Norwegian Jade, Norwegian Spirit, Norwegian Sky and Pride of America by early 2015.

I too was on the Jade mid Oct - mid Nov, and was not aware menus were new and according to this NCL press release of July 21, they were not.

The press release said that Jade would be getting the menus "by early 2015", not "in early 2015" - rolling them out in late 2014 is really Jade getting them by early 2015, nothing wrong there.

As told by other recent Jade cruises in this thread, the menus you saw apparently were new ones.

• 1 month later...

The video shown doesn't do the food justice! We have just returned from a 21 day cruise and ate in the Grand Pacific or Alizar every evening. The food was perfect for us including my 20 year old son who is a bit of a fussy eater with a nut allergy. We didn't need to order the same thing twice over 21 days which I think is pretty good going! The portion sizes were ideal, although on a couple of occasions the main course was a bit too much for me. We never had to queue for a table and we ate at variable times but always before 8.30pm. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
We sailed on the Jade for the first time in Dec 2014. I was told the MDR menus were new, but I have no reference from the past.

Here is a long video I made. Let me know whether they are indeed new.

[YOUTUBE]xOimIZW3xEw[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for the video! We're sailing on the Jade in late March. Now I am *starving*!