Easter NOLA

LREcruise02

We will be disembarking the Dream on Easter Sunday, and plan to see the French quarter parade and attend mass at the cathedral. I am wondering if it is feasible to put our luggage in our car and just leave it parked at the cruise terminal for the morning, and walk or take the streetcar to the parade/cathedral area? Seems like trying to find parking would be difficult. Appreciate any help and also any other Easter in New Orleans suggestions! We have 2 daughters 6 & 4. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Easter Mass at St Louis Cathedral will be very crowded and will fill to capacity. If this is important to you then plan on arriving early and planning to wait. The cathedral will be packed with CEO (Christmas & Easter Only) church goers many who are local and lots of tourists who think they can just casually stroll in. The cathedral is not that big.

She's right about the Cathedral. It is a mob scene on Easter.

There are two other Catholic churches within walking distance of the cruise terminal: Jesuit Church at 130 Baronne Street and St. Patrick's at 724 Camp Street. They will be crowded, but nothing like the Cathedral, since they don't attract tourists. Both are beautiful old churches, and worth a visit even if you are not attending services. Neither is far from the French Quarter.

The restaurants are also packed on Easter, so pick a place you want to go and make reservations.

I did expect it would be crowded! But I'm not sure how else we would be able to see the parade and also go to mass. I know the parade stops in the square to attend mass as well. Doubt we will ever be spending Easter in NOLA again so might as well do it right!

I would like to know if anyone can tell me, if it's feasible to debark the ship, drop our luggage at our car, and then walk or take the streetcar to the Cathedral area, then back to the terminal for our car after the Easter festivities? This will be our first time in NOLA so I'm not too familiar with the logistics! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums