dream return to new orlean on feb 8th?

coxter

I have never been, but have read and heard that fog can effect returns to NOLA though so far this year it has been every where else. To combat this on our March 1st cruise, we are spending the night and flying out early AM on the Monday just to be safe.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

I have never been, but have read and heard that fog can effect returns to NOLA though so far this year it has been every where else. To combat this on our March 1st cruise, we are spending the night and flying out early AM on the Monday just to be safe.

Believe it or not the fog doesn't affect the cruise ships traveling the Mississippi. Although it can't be safe, the cruise ships have navigated the river with practically zero visibility before. Someone actually posted a picture from the Elation a couple of weeks ago and you could not see anything but a wall of white.

Edited by Podna's

Does the ship sail the whole of the river to get into the Gulf? As in, does it sail all the way south past Venice and out the portion that looks like tree roots through the south west pass or other artery or does it exit the river much sooner?

I hope it sails the whole way south. Very excited about that possibility.

Does the ship sail the whole of the river to get into the Gulf? As in, does it sail all the way south past Venice and out the portion that looks like tree roots through the south west pass or other artery or does it exit the river much sooner?

I hope it sails the whole way south. Very excited about that possibility.

Carnival ships use the Southwest Pass and consequently go past Venice. Total time from leaving the dock to reaching the SW pass entrance light is a bit over seven hours.

Edited by LostPuppy

With the expertise of the river pilots, and the navigation aids of GPS, AIS, and Radar, transit on the river can happen at the same speeds as during times of clear.

There have been relatively few shipping incidents on the river due to fog, and the Port of New Orleans does not close due to fog.

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever happens, you will be late boarding because I will be on this ship and.........they will have to find me and get the handcuffs off,that I will bring to handcuff myself to some solid piece of the ship. This will probably allow me to stay on the ship at least another hour or two ;)

Plan B is fog.

Carole

Whatever happens, you will be late boarding because I will be on this ship and.........they will have to find me and get the handcuffs off,that I will bring to handcuff myself to some solid piece of the ship. This will probably allow me to stay on the ship at least another hour or two ;)

Plan B is fog.

Carole

Haha!