Early Flight

Thanks everyone for your replies . Have to say I'm a little nervous will look to see if I can change this to a later flight

The Earliest i have ever done out of FLL, was 12:15 even that i would a little on edge. Just do the walk off. Just hope everything is smooth sailing

Just keep in mind that "checked in" and "through security" are two different things. I fly in and out of FLL all the time, and I've seen security lines that were empty, and security lines that were wrapped around the building.

See above. The OP was planning to be checked in by 9:30, not be arriving at the airport by 9:30. Security is still a separate issue. :)

Being checked in at the airport by 9:30 is only 1 hour 20 minutes prior to their international flight. Air Canada recommends 2 hours and as Kamloops50 posted, Westjet requires 2 hours. The OP needs to check what the requirements are for their airline.

As far as the TSA security lines, that is a completely different problem. There is no way to know if the lines will be long or short the day they are flying.

I am seriously considering booking an 855 Southwest flight out of FLL off the Oasis, it is cheaper and gets me home 8 hours sooner. But then again, is it worth worrying about.

Hmmmm :confused:

Why stress . Just book a later flight. Do you need to end a nice cruises with the stressing over missing the flight?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

After Indy TA last month, I walked off with luggage at 620a and was at the airport at 640a for a 10a flight. It was easy and will do it again!

Thanks! This makes me feel much better about my 10:30 am domestic flight!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why stress . Just book a later flight. Do you need to end a nice cruises with the stressing over missing the flight?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

Good point. I need to keep telling myself that.

Ok, next question, we love self debark. My wife's flight is at noon, what time would you walk off the ship?

My only problem with FLL is finding ways to kill the boredom after completing checkin and arriving at the gate at 8:30 for an 11:00 flight because I gave myself too much time. Twice we've been off the ship through check in, and through TSA within 45 minutes.

OP, relax! The only way you'll have trouble for a 10:30 flight is if the ship is delayed in its arrival. There's nothing you can do about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. I need to keep telling myself that.

Ok, next question, we love self debark. My wife's flight is at noon, what time would you walk off the ship?

With a noon flight, I'd feel safe enough to use an early luggage tag number.