Mexican Riviera-Dock vs Tender ?

cadmille

Acapulco, Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas which of these ports do we dock in and which do you tender in, I know some times it is determined by how many ships are ahead of you in port already, but I think some of these ports are tender only with no dock.

Thanks in advance.

Acapulco we have tendered and docked, dependent upon sea conditions.

Cabo San Lucas we have always tendered - no dock large enough for cruise ships, I suppose.

Don't recall the other ports, sorry.

Both times in Acapulco we docked- have not seen any ship tender there. (at least two can dock at a time)In PV we tendered once and docked once, but they are working on the dock to allow more ships. Zihua and Cabo are definitely tender ports.

I thought tendering was quick and efficient in all the ports- Cabo is interesting because they pull you up out of the tender onto a rock wall- I bet those guys are tired at the end of the day!

Acapulco, Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas which of these ports do we dock in and which do you tender in, I know some times it is determined by how many ships are ahead of you in port already, but I think some of these ports are tender only with no dock.

Thanks in advance.

Acapulco was the only docked port in March when we were on the Star. :)

Whether the ship docks or tenders is also determined by how many ships are in port that particular day. When I checked the cruise calendar for my sailing, 11/01, only one other ship will be in port the same day as we are (Regal Princess in Cabo) and only tenders are used there. So I would expect is docking is available in the other ports we will be able to take advantage of that.

Whether the ship docks or tenders is also determined by how many ships are in port that particular day. When I checked the cruise calendar for my sailing, 11/01, only one other ship will be in port the same day as we are (Regal Princess in Cabo) and only tenders are used there. So I would expect is docking is available in the other ports we will be able to take advantage of that.

There is no docking in Xihuatenjo either... all ships tender there. Puerta Vallarta had only one spot big enough for the Star... and when we went, there was a RCCL ship parked there.

There is no docking in Xihuatenjo either... all ships tender there. Puerta Vallarta had only one spot big enough for the Star... and when we went, there was a RCCL ship parked there.

Since there isn't another ship scheduled for Puerto Vallarta on the 11/1 sailing then it looks like we'll dock in Acalpulco and Vallarta, tender in Ixtapa and Cabo.

However, if I remember correctly, the other Star sailings in November does have other cruise ships in port at the same time.

Since there isn't another ship scheduled for Puerto Vallarta on the 11/1 sailing then it looks like we'll dock in Acalpulco and Vallarta, tender in Ixtapa and Cabo.

However, if I remember correctly, the other Star sailings in November does have other cruise ships in port at the same time.

Archived