Carnival fantasy..alot to do as a family on ship?

bdisney

Me and my kids (16,14,10) are going on our first cruise in a couple of weeks. Is there alot of stuff on the ship to do together? My kids say they don't want to go to the clubs, etc. Can they go to the shows with me? Are they specific on what kids can and can't do? I saw a previous fun times and i'm just not sure what kids can and can't do.

They have a putt putt course and water slides. There is a small game room. Besides the shows they usually have a family comedy show they might enjoy. If you get them to go meet new friends at some of the activity's they will stay busy. We see tables full of kids sitting together eating pizza out night laughing and having a good time. Plan ahead for activity you might want to do at port.

My boys love the family comedy shows, in addition to those, your children can join you at the production shows, the magician will probably do a show, they will definitely be welcome at the sail away and deck parties.

The ship will have minigolf, and the pool area will probably be popular (it is for my kids). You can also look for dance classes, towel folding (more fun than it sounds) and another favorite of our family, the digital scavenger hunt.

About the only tings they can't do are the adult comedy shows and the night club after a certain time.

We sailed the Fascination, sister ship of the Fantasy, this past June with my daughter (12), son (13), nephew (16), and niece (10). They all had a great time, and each one had different preferences (imagine that). I gave a very detailed picture review of our cruise and included many activities for the kids (scavenger hunt, mini-golf, waterworks, arcade, Hasbro Game show, family PG comedy show, etc). I even included schedules for Camp Carnival (9-11), Circle C (12-14), and Club O2 (15-17).

Here is the link to my review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2066091

Edited by mpcaruth

Me and my kids (16,14,10) are going on our first cruise in a couple of weeks. Is there alot of stuff on the ship to do together? My kids say they don't want to go to the clubs, etc. Can they go to the shows with me? Are they specific on what kids can and can't do? I saw a previous fun times and i'm just not sure what kids can and can't do.

Its a first cruise--- why would your kids not want to participate in the kids program? Especially since they do not know what its about?

Are they thinking its like a babysitting service-- its not.

they can come and go when they want to.

the 9-11 is some of the best on the waters. (not so much for the 14 year old as this group tends to hang out a lot eating pizza, playing cards, sitting in the hot tubs. etc

I will tell you that you SHOULD check it out at the orientation the first night

And the older kids should attend the ice breakers the first night. If they do not want to go after that-- great- at least they tried it.