Carnival Liberty, Don't know if I would do it again

Etchdreams

We got off the Liberty yesterday, and I will say that I was a little let down. There were 11 of us and we all had the same concerns. Now let me say the Ship is Beautiful, and the staff and crew were wonderful.

It was the constant vibration the whole 7 days which was more noticeable in some parts of the ship then others. Like something out of balance.

Then the food did not seem up to part. Guys Burgers was good, and fast service, Fish & Chips was good, a little greasy, but it's fried right. I'm talking about the Main Dinning Room and the buffet.

There is something lost by having the same menu every night (except the port of call section). It was fun when you received the menu and you opened it up to see what you could order. We noticed that there were a lot of empty spaces every night and some at our table only ate in the MDR once. I think the American Table is a bust, they need to rethink it. Then the buffet seemed it had the same offerings every day. I have to be gluten free, and there was not a single day that I could go thru the buffet.

I have read others post about the food, and I know to each his own as far as taste, so I hope it was just bad timing on my part.

Other then that it was a fun vacation.

There'sgot to be a reason they haven't rolled out these menus fleet wide. I can only gather the feedback is not good, and that feedback should continue.

I too like daily menus.

I will let you know, we board this Saturday, we are mid ship, deck 7, balcony. I will report back specifically on this issue from our perspective ;).

We were mid deck 8 balcony 8275 and noticed little vibration, but we noticed it more on the lower decks, 3,4,5,6, Like I stated, I hope we caught it at a bad time, it had nothing to do with the waves, When it was entering ports and slowed it was not noticeable. Hope you have a great time. I'm not one to complain, I go on vacation to relax, it did not spoil our vacation, but I just wanted to let people know they might notice some vibrations, nothing more

Remember folks, we don't all have the same feelings towards a ship, it's subjective. I thought Liberty was the ugliest ship I've been on.:eek:

I don't recall vibrations or at least it didn't bother me enough to remember. The stewards were great. I gave up the DR due to slow service.

I agree..it's very subjective. For us, our cruise on the Liberty last spring, while nice, certainly wasn't one of our favorites. I think with all the rave reviews, maybe I had too high of expectations. We didn't have vibration issues but just overall did not care for the menu or entertainment.