Pre-Cruise Ship Account or Gift Certificates??

Yes, you can put money on your account prior to your cruise. Just call the number on the RCI web site listed for gifts. I just put $300 on our Sept. 3 and 10 back-to-back cruise. We pay our credit card in full, so I like having part of the on-board payment already done when we cruise!

I was told by the RCCL rep to call and tell them that I wanted to put money into an account for on board credit for myself and my husband. That I would probably be asked to give them my cruise information such as my reservation number and of course my charge card number.

I have not called yet because my cruises are not until 2006. Please come back here and post on how you make out. It will help others on here who wish to do the same.

Enjoy your cruise. You will be hooked on cruising. :D

Thanks everyone for the replies. I called the main customer service number and they told me "NO" I could not do that. So when I call the other number above for the gift department, what do I ask to purchase or do? Can you tell I am a first time cruiser? Thanks!

When we did it, we called the Gifts and Gear number (800) 722-5443) and asked to arrange for an onboard credit. Having the cruise confirmation number helped but one of our friends did it without that by knowing our names, ship and travel date. You tell them the amount and they charge it on the phone. They also leave a card in the room on the first day with a note from you, which is nice.

The person who said no to you may have been referring to gift certificates, which RCL doesn't have. It seems odd to me that they wouldn't, since they get to keep the money until you redeem a gift certificate.

I don't know what # I called, but I did it for my mom for our upcoming cruise. I know they do it and they already charged my credit card. I do plan on calling in the near future to make sure it's been handled as I can't find the credit online anywhere, but I'm not really concerned.

Archived