Izumi

I read many restaurants reviews here in the forum but no further comments about Izumi.

I will sail on Jan 23rd and booked two nights at Izumi as my daughter and wife just love japanese food.

How would you rate it compared with other restaurants?

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

We didn't have any of the Sashimi but meant to go back for some. Since your party enjoys Japanese cuisine I'm sure you will find reason to make a couple visits. The Sushi Chefs were like artists, try to sit along their side to watch them at work.

Cheers,

Jeff

We certainly enjoyed our meal there!

Here is a few dishes.

[ATTACH]334492[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]334491[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]334490[/ATTACH]

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff - the food looks delicious. I'm assuming everything is priced ala carte? Do you recall how much the meal cost? Thanks.

I'm sorry! I just found out Izumi is a La Carte... However, if it's only $30 for 3 persons (my daughter is 11) I guess it definetelly worth a visit (even though I'm not a Japanese food fan)

The RC web site has Izumi listed as "from $0 USD Adult" and opposed to others that show "complementary". So, I guessing that means that they have some items that are complementary as well as items that cost additional money. Can anyone confirm this? And also, does anyone know what might me complementary?

My family and I will be there on the March 21, 2015 sailing.

Thanks,

Mark.

The RC web site has Izumi listed as "from $0 USD Adult" and opposed to others that show "complementary". So, I guessing that means that they have some items that are complementary as well as items that cost additional money. Can anyone confirm this? And also, does anyone know what might me complementary?

Thanks,

Mark.

The complementary restaurants are Grande, Silk, American Icon and Chic. All the other restaurants have fees from $25.00 to $45.00. There are some restaurants that charged by the course Izumi is on of them. We are sailing in Feb. 2015. I have made reservations at all of the complementary restaurant plus Wonderland, Chops Grille, Jamie Italian and Izumi because of a 30% SBC

once on the ship

sailnjmom49

Thanks,

Mark.

Nothing is complimentary at Izumi. Every item has a price. The reason that it is stated that way on the RCI website is because you order from an ala carte menu.

Here is a link to the menu from Izumi's on Oasis which should give you an idea of what to expect. A la carte restaurants on Oasis There are no Hot Rock dishes available at Izumi's on Quantum.

Edited by cruisenfever

Here is what is posted on Cruise Critic here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=705&pgtype=dining

Izumi Japanese Cuisine (Deck 5); a la carte pricing: Located on Deck 5 on the Upper Esplanade, Izumi offers a pan-Asian menu, though the bulk of the items are Japanese. Prices range from $6 for a seaweed wakame salad and $11 for a shrimp and chicken udon noodle dish to as much as $18 for an assorted sashimi combo platter. Sushi is priced from $8 for a salmon and crab roll to $12 for a lobster roll, with most items priced at $10. Sashimi is sold in two-piece ($4) or five-piece ($9)portions. Open for lunch from noon to 1:30 p.m. and for dinner from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.

The lack of the hot stone dishes is extremely disappointing to me. I finally decided to try Izumi on the Quantum cruise in February and the one item I really wanted isn't there. :rolleyes: Everything else I can get at an Asian restaurant at home. :(

Edited by JemzRoo

I am a big fan of Izumi across the fleet and have dined with them with great frequency.

Oddly my problem with them has always been that their special combo deals always included the hot stone dish, which I find completely unappealing.

The presentation of dishes and the location or Izumi on Quantum were excellent. The sushi chefs were among the best I have seen on RCI.

Service was average at best, but the manager seemed very competent and I imagine service has only improved since the maiden voyage.

I found pricing on Quantum a little higher than on other ships, but am unsure and I had a $24 lunch bill with 3 menu items ordered. The EDAMAME SOY BEANS and MISO SOUP were served complimentary.

While I look forward to trying the new Izumi Hibachi venue on Oasis, it was not open yet for comparison with Quantum. The big advantage of them not having that open yet for the transatlantic on Oasis was that we got Izumi prepared sushi for free in the WJ nightly from 6:30 PM.

• 3 weeks later...

When I was making reservations for Dining for my June 13th trip on the Oasis I made a reservation for the Izumi Hibachi venue. But when I went back there was a message saying it is no longer available. And the listing has disappeared from the list of restaurants. Anyone have any ideas?

When I was making reservations for Dining for my June 13th trip on the Oasis I made a reservation for the Izumi Hibachi venue. But when I went back there was a message saying it is no longer available. And the listing has disappeared from the list of restaurants. Anyone have any ideas?

I made mine for our may 2nd trip and I just checked and other reservations are still open. Try again

Sent from my iPad using Forums