Norwegian's Freestyle Choice - No-Show Promo?

EvilBanker

Hope the savvy cruisers can share their experiences and save me from an unnecessary multi-hour call to NCL customer service.

Our freshly-made booking comes with all three of the Freestyle Choice offers - the dining package, the beverage package and the onboard credit - and the amenity confirmation we were e-mailed does show all three ... but online, NCL.com only shows the UDP and OBC. Is it normal for it not to display the UBP? :confused:

Edited by EvilBanker
Clarity

Our confirmation shows CHOODB, so I assume this covers all three? Online shows OBC and dining too.

Question about the UDP, first time with this option, is the webiste smart enough to know you have the UDP when you go to book dining in specialty restaurants? and not have to prepay?

Edited by philatiger

Our confirmation shows CHOODB, so I assume this covers all three? Online shows OBC and dining too.

Question about the UDP, first time with this option, is the webiste smart enough to know you have the UDP when you go to book dining in specialty restaurants? and not have to prepay?

Hi Chuck,

I can't speak directly to the promo but, as far as the UDP goes, yes, you should be able book your reservations without any charges showing on your account 100 days out (assuming you're in another suite).

Have another great cruise and Happy Holidays.

Connie

Not only will you be able to book dining for yourself, you will be able to book for others that don't have the UDP that will be dining with you also without anyone paying at the time of booking. At least that was the way it worked on the Breakaway. The Jungle Fantasy was the only restaurant on the BA you could not book for those without UDP and it only allows the first night to be booked free since that is the only night included with the UDP.

Hi Chuck,

I can't speak directly to the promo but, as far as the UDP goes, yes, you should be able book your reservations without any charges showing on your account 100 days out (assuming you're in another suite).

Have another great cruise and Happy Holidays.

Connie

Hi Connie,

Thanks for the update. Hope you settled back into non-cruise mode easily. We booked as soon as we got back, yes we are in another suite.

Not only will you be able to book dining for yourself, you will be able to book for others that don't have the UDP that will be dining with you also without anyone paying at the time of booking. At least that was the way it worked on the Breakaway. The Jungle Fantasy was the only restaurant on the BA you could not book for those without UDP and it only allows the first night to be booked free since that is the only night included with the UDP.

Thank you, we are on the GA, so we will try and book Illusionarium the first night.

Hi Connie,

Thanks for the update. Hope you settled back into non-cruise mode easily. We booked as soon as we got back, yes we are in another suite.

You're welcome, say hi to Mark for us. Not easily but settled back into non cruise mode all the same and hope you did as well.

And we've booked yet another cruise as well, 2016/17 (NYE cruise). LOL, we have a little wait for it but we have 2 others booked before hand.

Enjoy your Getaway cruise.

Cheers,

Connie

Our freshly-made booking comes with all three of the Freestyle Choice offers - the dining package, the beverage package and the onboard credit - and the amenity confirmation we were e-mailed does show all three ... but online, NCL.com only shows the UDP and OBC. Is it normal for it not to display the UBP? :confused:

Same here. Before the upgrade I had the OBC and UBP and the UBP was showing under ncl.com now with all three the UBP disappeared :confused:

I will give them some time until Tuesday to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

Where exactly is this shown on ncl.com?

Because I cannot see the OBC and UBP, which we received from the freestyle choice.

We booked yesterday and the cabin is still GTY, so maybe is that the reason that the OBC and UBP is not yet visible in ncl.com?

greetings from Germany

Conny

We booked on Wednesday for our cruise sailing next Sunday (18th)!

Had the same issue and out TA got the amenities confirmation for us, so not at all worried about it...and yes, I could only see the dining and OBC on the site, too.

I will make sure we print the confirmation and take it with us just in case.

We booked on Wednesday for our cruise sailing next Sunday (18th)!

Had the same issue and out TA got the amenities confirmation for us, so not at all worried about it...and yes, I could only see the dining and OBC on the site, too.

I will make sure we print the confirmation and take it with us just in case.

but WHERE is this shown? I don't know where to look for it! It is not visible at my vacation summary!

We're planning to arrive early so we don't have to deal with the traffic. Will we be able to start using the UBP immediately? Thanks!

I think so. Your card should reflect the package with a sticker and, of course, it will be recorded on the computer. Your vacation starts as soon as you board, so I don't see why not.

Remember, you can't get there too early as they may still be disembarking the previous cruise.