Port Canaveral Terminal 1 - duty free?

Hank99

The overall plan for the port is to build a shopping district surrounding the new terminal. but whether any of the shops that eventually get built will be duty free is anyone's guess. The only shop that has announced so far is Ron Jon's Surf Shop. There are currently no duty free shops at any of the existing terminals, however, so IMO it's highly doubtful there will be one at the new terminal any time soon.

I'm trying to figure out WHAT one would be buying in a Duty Free store on the pier? Liquor to smuggle on-board? - there will be plenty of places to buy duty free liquor during the cruise, including the ship - just not for use on the ship. Cigarettes? - I think (I don't smoke) they sell duty free cigarettes on the ship which can be used on the ship. Food - to take on a cruise?:eek: Perhaps obvious things to buy, but I'm not thinking of them.

How about two bottles of wine per cabin that is only allowed to be brought for consumption onboard by passengers when embarkating.;)
A 750ml bottle of wine has about 21 cents of Federal tax ($1.07 per US gallon). Hardly seems worthwhile to start a Duty Free store for 42 cents savings. I could see a wine Store yes, but Duty Free not so much.

A 750ml bottle of wine has about 21 cents of Federal tax ($1.07 per US gallon). Hardly seems worthwhile to start a Duty Free store for 42 cents savings. I could see a wine Store yes, but Duty Free not so much.

How about state tax, at least 6% up to 7.5%, which I recall paying on wine purchases in FL? Maybe they want a high end and priced wine.

Also OP might want some high end imported goods, not alcohol.

OP is from the UK which has a very high VAT , 20% tax rate, and prices in general and may not realize how low these are in FL.

I'm just trying to help you trying to figure out WHAT one would be buying in a Duty Free store on the pier. :)

Edited by robtulipe

I did a B2B in September and was looking for a liquor store in the pier where I could buy 2 bottles for the 2nd half of the cruise.

Or perhaps our UK friends are coming direct from Orlando airport to the pier and looking for a liquor shop in the pier to buy their 2 liters!